So I go and buy this cleaning stuff...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
I bought a cleaning solution for my Macbook called Clean Dr. It gets the dust, dirt, fingerprints off, but I noticed that it leaves streaks on the screen, even though on the bottle it says it doesn't leave streaks. I don't notice when the Macbook is on, but when its off, you can see them.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just a bad product?

Totally unrelated question: How well does The Sims 2 play on Macbooks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Most of the time the 'non-streak' stuff requires that you wipe it with a microfiber cloth to get the streaks off. It's not so much as 'non-streak' as 'easily removable streaks'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Totally unrelated question: How well does The Sims 2 play on Macbooks?

My wife runs sims 2 on her PB 1.67ghz with 1gb of ram and it works great... I would think it would be that much better on a macbook.

Reaction score
Hi,

I replied recently to a similat thread to this in which someone was asking how to clean a laptop screen. Like you, I hate streaks on my screen. I did a lot of research and I found this stuff called Klear Screen. It is fantastic. Everything I tried from asses milk to photographic lense cleaners left streaks. Before I bought this I tracked down some user reports and they were all unequivocally enthusiastic. And my own experience has been just so. For the first time ever I have a perfectly clean, smear free screen.

I hope this helps.

David

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
My wife runs sims 2 on her PB 1.67ghz with 1gb of ram and it works great... I would think it would be that much better on a macbook.

The Sims 2 is for Mac as well as PC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
The Sims 2 is for Mac as well as PC?

there is a PC version and a mac version..the mac sims 2 expansion packs are usually a few months behind the pc versions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
i use iKlear and it works great (no streaks)...also, i always spray the included lint-free cloth with the solution, not the screen.

Reaction score
Just get a micro fiber cloth and wet it a bit. For touch ups just blow hot air onto the screen on wipe with the cloth. Make sure you buy a good quality cloth or you will have streaks. Pep boys wont cut it. buy from autogeek
http://www.autogeek.net/index.html

Reaction score
u wont even need that expensive iklear stuff
just go to autozone or pepboys, buy a can of 3m glass cleaner
works flawless, it can also clean your macbook exterior too.... i have a blackbook so it cleans all the oil marks and everything off awesomely..
these 3m can glass cleaner is not a spray or anything its compressed cleaner, so when sprayed its bubbles already so its reacted already so it wont leave residues nor streaks..
and also it lasts along time too, cause the can is HUGE for a price od 10 bucks
- Danny

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.