Restoring back to Mac OSx Lion?

Reaction score
Hi, i recently converted to Window 8 developers version on my Macbook pro, The problem is, I wish to convert it back to Mac OSx Lion, but i don't know how to do that considering Apple doesn't have recovery disc for their Macbooks anymore, Help?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Turn the machine off, turn it back on and press and hold Command+R. Wait until the Recovery menu pops up. You can then reinstall from there (assuming your hidden recovery partition wasn't wiped by Windows - it shouldn't have been).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do a PRAM reset first, and then go ahead and try again. See this Apple KB article: LINK

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thanks! I just had to reset the PRAM, and everything was fixed!
Thank you so much :D

Also... if you like to experiment with different operating systems, I would HIGHLY recommend buying virtualization product like VMWare Fusion, Parallels Desktop or VirtualBox. This will allow you to non-destructively install just about any OS you want, without ever needing to modify your system partition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.