No sound

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
I have an iMac that has Windows 7 installed as a partition. I'm having an issue with sound when Windows is running.

When I use the Mac OS, everything's fine.

When I use Parallels (newest version) to run windows programs, the sound is fine.

However, when I use Boot Camp at start up and load windows, there's no sound available. Tried using sound through the control panel and even iTunes and no help.

I'm sure it's a driver issue, but I'm not certain how to proceed.

The external speakers are Logitech, but I cannot find their model number. They are essentially low price devices.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you installed the Windows drivers? If you're using a Mac with Lion (10.7) installed, take a look at page 8 here. If you're using Snow Leopard (10.6), take a look at page 11 here.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
Have you installed the Windows drivers? If you're using a Mac with Lion (10.7) installed, take a look at page 8 here. If you're using Snow Leopard (10.6), take a look at page 11 here.

Have Snow Leopard. Tried as you stated using the information in the manual. When I ran the file "setup.exe" the following came up:

Boot Camp x64 is unsupported on this computer model. :Confused:

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
Thanks

Problem solved with the kind assistance. Thanks very much.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
What was causing the problem? The answer might be of interest to others having similar problems.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
What was causing the problem? The answer might be of interest to others having similar problems.
Followed the following:

You can actually do the same thing without using the command line. Simply go to the directory on the DVD with the Bootcamp64.msi file. Right-click on this file and select "troubleshoot compatibility". Run through the wizard, have it apply its recommended settings, then run the file. The drivers should install just fine now.

Not really sure what the problem was, but the above fixed it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.