photoshop cs2 unexpectedly quit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Hi all

Ever since (I think that's when it started) I installed the 10.5.5 update, photoshop will startup but once it goes thru the whole startup it unexpectedly quits... illustrator works fine.

Need more info? Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4GHz 320GB 4GB Ram ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory
Sorry, no. Is it possible for you to reinstall CS2?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not at the moment, I will, if I can't get it figured, be reinstalling at christmas as my install disks are with my family. I also was planning to do a whole clean install then just incase it had to do with 10.5.5. I saw another thread but it was for Illustrator, and I really don't know enough about this prog on a Mac to be guessing and messing with it (No backup drive at the moment) so I haven't really tried anything to fix it...
Sorry, no. Is it possible for you to reinstall CS2?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, dang about the backup

because the next thing I was going to suggest was going back from the OS update. Maybe your family could mail you your disks? Or maybe somebody here could help you roll back the OS (I don't have a clue). I know I can't go ten hours without CS, never mind a couple of months.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Woo Hoo fixed it!!!!!!

No reinstalls needed..... After searching here and thru google for 'unexpectedly quit' and adobe or photoshop, I found (and tried - turning off fonts, deleting prefs, fixing in safe mode etc) lots of carrots, but no joy... I happened across the crash report for photoshop, saw it referenced and still nothing helped. I finally decided to search another part of the crash report and found that it was often referenced with Lexmark printers. I realized that a few weeks before I had installed a Lexmark to see if the scanner would work better on it (I originally thought that it was my old agfa scanner causing probs because it was also for classic). I uninstalled the lexmark and it worked!

It seems that Lexmark has a prob with Leopard so if you have probs with unexpected quits, you might try uninstalling old Lexmark printers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad to hear you got it fixed!

Doing the happy dance for you. Mind you, it is this kind of thing that makes you absolutely crazy. Who would have guessed?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks... And yep it drove me nuts, almost an obsessive gotta-fix-this sorta nuts! LOL
Doing the happy dance for you. Mind you, it is this kind of thing that makes you absolutely crazy. Who would have guessed?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.