Mac Convert of 3 weeks now...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT
Well I got a MacBook Pro the day after they were updated :D and have so far loved it. I got a really great deal too:

MBP (2.2GHz) - $1799
Free iPod Nano
Free Printer/Scanner

When I bought it I didn't think I'd ever get used to OS X and I would end up just always using Windows. Boy was I ever wrong. I installed XP via BootCamp and that worked perfectly...however I haven't booted into XP since. ;D The computer is very stable and I absolutely love it. I got it for college next year (a little early, I know) and I can already tell it was the right buy.

For everyone else out there that is still unsure....BUY IT ALREADY. It's great and everything about it I love.

I also got a Mighty Mouse and a sleeve case for it. Tomorrow I need to pick up a optical cable adapter for the speakers.

Pics:

1PICT0001 copy.JPG

1PICT0005 copy.JPG

1PICT0006 copy.JPG

1PICT0008 copy.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Congrats. I love my little buzzing crap-filled hate machine.™ ;)

JK, you'll LOVE the mbp. :)

Reaction score
Congrats man.....

You'll spend the rest of your existing life in awe of the beauty of a mbp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
:eek: Cool!
I'm thinking of getting a mac, but check this out...

I converted $1799 to UK pounds and came up with this: £901

However, the same mac in the UK store (on it's own with NO free ipod OR printer) costs £1,299.00. Which is actually $2592 USD.

I know it's all "relative" with interest rates etc. but i cannot help feeling a bit ripped off. I hate living in the UK. I wan't a mac sooo bad, they just cost wayyyy too much in the UK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2.0GHz Macbook, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD
I'm so jealous. I'm planning on getting one in about 3-4 years when my MB is more outdated ;)

Reaction score
:eek: Cool!
I'm thinking of getting a mac, but check this out...

I converted $1799 to UK pounds and came up with this: £901

However, the same mac in the UK store (on it's own with NO free ipod OR printer) costs £1,299.00. Which is actually $2592 USD.

I know it's all "relative" with interest rates etc. but i cannot help feeling a bit ripped off. I hate living in the UK. I wan't a mac sooo bad, they just cost wayyyy too much in the UK.

Maybe your MBPs come with an added pretentious drive? :$

Reaction score
I thought it was you either got the $200 off the laptop or a free nano not both? Im gonna be ordering my mbp in a couple of hours so any info is much appreciated

Reaction score
It's both. You get $200 off the laptop, the Ipod nano which you still have to pay for, but you get a $199 mail in rebate. Plus you can get $100 rebate on a printer and they have an all-in-one printer for $100. Plus, you also get $110 off of the AppleCare warranty if you're a student. It's a great time to buy.

OP
jhartford6
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT
I thought it was you either got the $200 off the laptop or a free nano not both? Im gonna be ordering my mbp in a couple of hours so any info is much appreciated
$200 off the laptop for the education discount (college students & teachers)
$199 rebate on any iPod (I got an iPod Nano $199)
$100 rebate on any printer (I got a $100 printer)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.