Custom installation Office 2008?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Err at the risk of harping on, is there any way to do a custom install of Office 2008?

My work sends me my working pattern on an Excel spreadsheet thus (having committed to iWork) I ONLY wish to instal Excel rather than have everything else.

I cannot see an obvious selection (dare I say 'unlike Windows' Office installations).

Is it possible?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Err at the risk of harping on, is there any way to do a custom install of Office 2008?

My work sends me my working pattern on an Excel spreadsheet thus (having committed to iWork) I ONLY wish to instal Excel rather than have everything else.

I cannot see an obvious selection (dare I say 'unlike Windows' Office installations).

Is it possible?

I just installed Office 2008 using the "custom" option. (I only installed Word and PowerPoint.) Perhaps you missed it? Try again. The Office 2008 DVD install program can be used to remove components you don't want by removing the check from their respective selection boxes.

Regards.

OP
brianwmay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes I must have missed it - I really hoped someone would come back and say something like that.

Thanks a bunch.

OP
brianwmay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes I DID miss it, don't recall seeing that screen at all, perhaps I inadvertently clicked my mouse twice.

Anyway, all done and thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.