Wireless network appears to have been compromised?

Reaction score
I keep getting the following prompt on my Macbook pro. I never get it anywhere other than at work. What could be causing this? I am running Mac OS 10.5.7 and the only apps that are open are Mail, Firefox (Streaming Pandora and facebook) and Itunes. I click "OK" then airport turns off for about 15-30 seconds. Sometimes it even asks for the network password again even though it is saved in the password spot.

This happens about every 15 min so and help would be greatly appreciated. It is driving me nuts! :Angry-Tongue:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I keep getting the following prompt on my Macbook pro. I never get it anywhere other than at work. What could be causing this?

It would probably help if you told us what the prompt was.

Thanks,

- Nick

OP
P
Reaction score
Whoops, here it is:

"The wireless network appears to have been compromised and will be disabled for about a minutes."

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whoops, here it is:

"The wireless network appears to have been compromised and will be disabled for about a minutes."

Does the message actually say "for about a minutes"? That would be pretty bad English on Apple's part if it did! ;D

But more seriously...maybe it has something to do with the signal strength of the wireless network. Next time you connect with this network...take notice of what the signal strength is...maybe it is a weak signal or a dropped signal causing the problem.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Do you have any control over your wireless network at work. According to this Apple discussions thread, it sounds as if this has to do with the encryption employed by your router. What kind of security is your router using?

OP
P
Reaction score
No, our IT guys has all the control and the levels are set for audit purposes to protect confidential information.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.