Stream iTunes to BluRay player?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM
Is there a way I can stream my iTunes music on my 2012 Mac Mini to my Blu-Ray player? My Blu-Ray player is WiFi enabled.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Check out AirFoil for Mac. I use it and does a great job. It gives you a 15 day trial, like it and buy it.. Then if you do look in the iTunes App Store for Remotes and ways to control it from iPhone if you have one. Great App couldn't do without it as you can select multiple Speakers.

HTH

Cheers

EDIT : The remote your looking for that works perfectly is called Reemote for AirFoil. I have mine on my iPad but you do need the Reemote Sever App on your Mac to run it, but its flawless.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I had not thought of that. It looks like they have made significant improvements to it since the last time I read the capabilities. Wonder if it will work with the crappy Samsung player I have.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM
My Blu-Ray player is DLNA-enabled. I have installed TVMOBiLi on my Mac Mini and my Blu-Ray player can see my Mac as a DLNA server. I can see all my iTunes songs and playlists. Some songs play fine (e.g. MP3 and iTunes-purchased songs). However, most of my songs in iTunes are CD rips in Apple lossless format. These don't play properly via my Blu-Ray player - all I get is white noise. Hence, I think it's an issue with the software.

I'm not sure AirFoil will work with my Blu-Ray player but i'll give it a try.

C

chas_m

However, most of my songs in iTunes are CD rips in Apple lossless format. These don't play properly via my Blu-Ray player - all I get is white noise. Hence, I think it's an issue with the software.

Nope. It's an issue with the format. ALAC is a great format for lossless music, but it's not compatible with a whole lot of external gear -- the same way most DVD players can't play MKV files natively.

You'll have to check with the spec page of the blu-ray model you have to determine what -- if any -- lossless formats the player supports.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
My Blu-Ray player is DLNA-enabled. I have installed TVMOBiLi on my Mac Mini and my Blu-Ray player can see my Mac as a DLNA server. I can see all my iTunes songs and playlists. Some songs play fine (e.g. MP3 and iTunes-purchased songs). However, most of my songs in iTunes are CD rips in Apple lossless format. These don't play properly via my Blu-Ray player - all I get is white noise. Hence, I think it's an issue with the software.

I'm not sure AirFoil will work with my Blu-Ray player but i'll give it a try.

Thanks for the suggestion> tried this program to stream to my Samsung Blu Ray player. At first I thought the program wasn't working. I finally tracked the problem a problem where the browser page did not show all buttons till I adjusted the font size a bit.

Unfortunately my Samsung player is recognizing many of my files but not playing most of them. Even mp3s. I think the problem is my player though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.