What should I do?

Reaction score
My macbook pro had an accident which is NOT covered under warranty, no way, no how, but it still definitely needs to be looked at. I want someone to merely diagnose what could possibly, if anything, be wrong with it. What would the apple store charge me if I admitted my crimes, and asked them to peek inside? I know it won't be free, but I really need advice about my options. If it is a small injury, I would gladly pay to have it fixed, but if it is doomed, I would like to know, and I will never find out by myself. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds like you are telling us either a spill or a fall.

Take it to an Apple reseller and see what they advise. Be prepared for bad news!

OP
Lalaru
Reaction score
I took to the Apple store near me expecting bad news, but instead they were extremely helpful and forgiving. Sent if off for repairs, and got it back in three days, almost completely new. Apple isn't as scary as some people make it sound to be! :eek:

Reaction score
I took to the Apple store near me expecting bad news, but instead they were extremely helpful and forgiving. Sent if off for repairs, and got it back in three days, almost completely new. Apple isn't as scary as some people make it sound to be! :eek:

Duh :D

OP
Lalaru
Reaction score

Well, after reading all the horror stories and the one reply to my post, I had zero hope for anything, especially since my damages weren't covered under warranty, haha. I feel like I got really lucky, but maybe it is just that more often than not, horror stories are shared online instead of success stories. ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.