New MacBook Pro 13" - which version of windows to run with Quickbooks Pro 2013?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09/2013 MacBook Pro 13", 2.9 GHz Dual Core i7, 8GB 1600 Mhz RAM, 1TB ATA, iPad 2, iPhone 5, 2 iPods
Hi all, you can call me Craig. Have just ordered a new MacBook Pro 13 (2013) slated to arrive in a week. I am looking forward to the non-windows environment.

I will, however, have to use a windows version of Quickbooks Pro 2013 on it. I am wondering best way to go with that.

Do I have to purchase Parallels or similar and then install windows?

Which version of Windows should I install? 7 or 8? When I look for them online their are multiple versions. I will not be doing an upgrade. 32 or 64? Arghh, lots of details that are beyond me. I will just need to get Quickbooks up and running.

Thanks

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09/2013 MacBook Pro 13", 2.9 GHz Dual Core i7, 8GB 1600 Mhz RAM, 1TB ATA, iPad 2, iPhone 5, 2 iPods
Hi all, you can call me Craig. Have just ordered a new MacBook Pro 13 (2013) slated to arrive in a week. I am looking forward to the non-windows environment.

I will, however, have to use a windows version of Quickbooks Pro 2013 on it. I am wondering best way to go with that.

Which version of Windows should I install? 7 or 8? When I look for them online their are multiple versions. I will not be doing an upgrade. 32 or 64? Arghh, lots of details that are beyond me. I will just need to get Quickbooks up and running.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There are a variety of virtual machine options including Parallels, VMWare Fusion and VirtualBox. Regardless of which option you go (should you go that way), you'll need to have enough memory. How much memory do you have in your machine?

EDIT: Admin note - merged posts/threads. Please refrain from posting your question in multiple spots in the future. Thanks!

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Louishen, I have now posted my Mac stats. I like XP but understand it will not be supported after April 2014.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are a variety of virtual machine options including Parallels, VMWare Fusion and VirtualBox. Regardless of which option you go (should you go that way), you'll need to have enough memory. How much memory do you have in your machine?

EDIT: Admin note - merged posts/threads. Please refrain from posting your question in multiple spots in the future. Thanks!
thanks Vansmith. Yeah, I am totally new to Mac and to Forums of any kind. Thanks for your patience. I am to receive next week my new MacBook Pro 13" being built right now. 2.9GHz dual core Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 1TB ATA

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.