Best Email client for mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
I've always been a fan of Apple Mail. Recently I came to know about something called Sparrow and a new client, AirMail.
What are these? Are they any better or serious alternatives to Apple Mail or Outlook 2011 for Mac?
What about the integration contacts with AddressBook and Calendar? And not to mention the Syncing with my iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Lol one vote and it is closed! That gives Apple Mail a 100% win. Would have been my choice also.

OP
knightjp
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
Reaction score
Sparrow has been around a while. Was the preferred option for those who did not like Apple's Mail OSX app/client. Then the big Google Shark came along and swallowed it up. It's still around, just no longer updated and has minimal support.

Airmail is the first real app to challenge both Mail and Sparrow. It's a little slow, has a good GUI and is constantly being worked on by their devs. Also look out for Unibox which is in Beta and Inky (this is live)

There are others that are well known, Postbox etc but Airmail and Unibox seem to be the two moving forward. Inky is more a fun web based app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I use Apple's Mail, but have used Airmail. It has a nice feel to it, but I was too lazy and kept forgetting to launch Airmail instead of Mail so I ended up deleting it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I wonder why the poll was closed? Mail is an application I kept coming back to so I use it and have not one issue with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 11.1, 13,3", 2,4ghz, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd + Ext Seagate 1TB 3.0, macOS Sierra
Apple mail is my primary choice... Also I am using Outlook 2011...

OP
knightjp
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple mail is my primary choice... Also I am using Outlook 2011...

I have my office email too on my exchange server; which has my office calendars and stuff. I like the integration that comes with Apple mail. If I receive something on my outlook, exchange calendar at the office, its syncs well with my calendar on my iPhone and my mac.

Does Outlook 2011 have the feature that syncs with the iPhone?
How does Outlook compare with Apple Mail?

C

chas_m

The problem with most of the competition to Mail is three-fold:

a. Most of the time they are IMAP-only. That is not an issue for me, but it's an issue for many.
b. They cost money ... :)
c. They're not OMG SO MUCH BETTER than Mail as to get people to switch.

I own AirMail and I like it ... but for some reason I haven't made it the default ... lazy maybe :)

OP
knightjp
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I prefer to use programs that are currently being supported than old ones that are not.

I'm currently thinking about using Outlook 2011.
I use a windows system at the office running MS Outlook with exchange server. I need to be in constant communication via email, so my iPhone has been configured to the exchange server as well. I like the integration that my Calendar and Tasks app have on the phone syncing with exchange server and outlook.

At home, I have a Mac and my Apple mail syncs everything as well. Calendar gets the exchange server, the tasks and the in addition, my gmail account too. Calendar even integrates facebook events as well and informs me of birthdays of friends. By syncing my phone with iTunes, I have everything I need from both worlds at my fingertips.

The question I put is will Outlook 2011 add to it and make it any better or will I loose any of the features I already have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 11.1, 13,3", 2,4ghz, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd + Ext Seagate 1TB 3.0, macOS Sierra
As I am using Outlook only with imap gmail acc - and only because I want to have separate mail client for private mail I do not use its advanced functions so I could not provide any help...

but regarding notes/calendar sync apple mail is great and there in nothing in outlook which would pull me back (I was outlook user for most of my life - I am using this - my first - mac only for about 11 months)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.