iPad defrag?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Had the iPad for a little while now, checking out whether this device is going to do what I want in the field,
Glad to say, it does exactly what I wanted, uploads raw files, and, with PhotoRaw, I can change them to a preferred jpeg size for email

In all this trial and error images files and the many "deletes",
Do iPads need "cleaning up"? Or does the iPad just do it'd own "housecleaning"?
Regards,
Gary

C

chas_m

Provided you do not fill up the capacity of the iPad completely, it will do its own housecleaning. Two things I have found to help:

1. Make sure you leave a gig or two open and available at all times. Just like OS X, iOS needs some "elbow room."

2. Periodically, you should actually shut down the thing. Most people just put it to "sleep," but once in a while it should actually be turned off and restarted.

OP
GLXMAN
Reaction score
Provided you do not fill up the capacity of the iPad completely, it will do its own housecleaning. Two things I have found to help:

1. Make sure you leave a gig or two open and available at all times. Just like OS X, iOS needs some "elbow room."

2. Periodically, you should actually shut down the thing. Most people just put it to "sleep," but once in a while it should actually be turned off and restarted.
Tks Chas,
Thankfully I got the 64GB model, (pity I didn't wait for the 4G model though!)
Tks for the tips,
Regards,
Gary

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.