iphotos

Reaction score
i have bought a macbook air but i dont know what i have done. it is meant to have iphotos pre installed but i cant find it anywhere :(
forgot to mention this is my 1st time using mac and switching from windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
New or used? What Operating System?

You can use "Spotlight" to search for iPhoto - it is the magnifying glass in the upper right corner or you can pull up Spotlight by pressing command+spacebar. iPhoto is in the dock by default unless someone removed it if you're talking about a 2nd hand MBA. It should also be in Finder under the Applications folder.

OP
S
Reaction score
iphone

i am afraid i think it has been deleted, this ac was bought as a present and not liked so i purchased it, is there any way i can retrieve iPhotos? it was one of the main reasons i bought the mac :(

OP
S
Reaction score
ps,
macbook air,
120gb,
where can i find the details of the mac?
this is all very new to me.

OP
S
Reaction score
Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBA41.0077.B0F
SMC Version (system): 1.74f4

thats all i can find

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i am afraid i think it has been deleted, this ac was bought as a present and not liked so i purchased it, is there any way i can retrieve iPhotos? it was one of the main reasons i bought the mac :(

So you used Spotlight to search for "iPhoto" and you looked in Applications in Finder? If you find it in Applications, you can drag the icon to the dock (row of App icons on the bottom of your screen) and it will create a "shortcut" or "alias" as it is called in Mac OS.

Since you purchased used, it is either running Snow Leopard, which means it should come with install discs that you can use to reinstall iPhoto if it is in fact missing from your MBA.

OR

If you have Lion or Mountain Lion as the OS, it is likely set up in the old user's name and Apple ID (the ID you use in iTunes and app store). If that's the case, you have to start over by purchasing Snow Leopard disc from Apple.com and then going into the Mac App Store (an app on the Mac) and purchasing ML. That will give you the most recent everything.

Let us know what OS you're running and if you're able to find iPhoto in Finder/Applications.

OP
S
Reaction score
the booklet says OS x lion, i think i will be quicker just buying it lol, i never realised it would be so different, i have to thankyou for taking time to help me :)

iphoto i cant find it in the finder also it says i should have iMovie and garageband but i cant find them in applications.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, it's sounding like the previous owner removed some apps for whatever reason. Or he/she did something to corrupt them??

In any case, SL is $20 USD. LINK As I mentioned, once you install that, run all software updates (found under the Apple logo at the top-left) and then open the Mac App Store and purchase Mountain Lion. $30, I think?? Something like that. That will give you the most recent Mac OS. Also, you'll have the newest iPhoto, Garageband, and iMovie - also known as the iLife Suite of apps. :)

C

chas_m

MYmacROX:

Your advice is incorrect. The iLife suite IS NOT and HAS NEVER been included on retail copies of OS X.

If smil3y78 genuinely doesn't have these programs, then I have to say they got rooked by the original owner, particularly when they didn't supply the restore discs that WOULD have had the iLife suite on it.

Assuming smil3y78 is already running at least OS X 10.6.8 or later, they can buy the iLife apps for $15 each from the Mac App Store.

OP
S
Reaction score
i just purchased a new iPhoto it was easier that way for me, i have to say i am really enjoying it, thankyou again for all the advice guys :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.