Mobile Me Cal sync to iphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" using Mountain Lion, iphone 4s, ipod nano 1.3.1, ipod touch, iPod Classic, iPad 1
I'm at a lost why I can't sync the Mobile Me Cal to the iphone but it's syncing with the iPod Touch.

All mail, cal, contact setting are the same between the two.

The contacts are synching both ways in that I can add/edit on me.com and it syncs with the phone and the other way around phone to me.com.

Mail is good as well.

But I cant get the Mobile Me Cal talking to the iPhone Cal.

Two things I have noticed is that the Touch at the top of the Calendar has the option at the top left 'Calendars' > all/calendar/Home/work but the iPhone has not.

The 2nd when I to the Mobile Me, mobileme settings > advanced > re sync synced data > it will not allow me to tick the box for Calendars??

mesnapshot.jpg

Its Mobile Me on Safari on a Vista PC, iPhone is fully up to date etc.

As always thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
On the 1st page of itunes with your iphone plugged in scroll down the page and you will see the box to sync iCal and on your iPhone open iCal and look at the screen and you will see the button to go to the all or select cal.

Clay

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" using Mountain Lion, iphone 4s, ipod nano 1.3.1, ipod touch, iPod Classic, iPad 1
I can't find the option?

This is a screenshot with Phone plugged in whilst iTunes is open and this is the only reference I can connect to any Calendars and there is no option to do anything with it.

missical.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OOPs I am sorry , I guess I assumed you were using a Mac. I was referring to iCal . I will have to let someone else jump in here as I can only speak to that. Sorry for the trouble.

Clay

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I really want Mobile Me to work to be honest. It may just be a pc/apple thing and for a while now I have wanted to return to Mac as I my first proper experience with computers was with a Mac at print college in 1986 and the first personal computer I brought was a iBook in the 90's and after that went to PC's. I have 100% confidence in Apple but this is testing me as I had Microsoft Exchange running perfectly, instantly updated contacts, e-mail, bookmarks etc. What I didn't get was any cloud storage etc.

Just to return to my issue, e-mail, contacts and bookmarks are perfect only no Calendar synce with Mobile Me's Calendar and the iPhone Calendar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok lets see if we cant figure this out. I know that contacts are working so we are close ! Have you made sure that you have told the iphone to sync not only email and contacts but cal as well ? You have to enable fetch and push for all apps. Ill see if I cant find the exact steps.

Clay

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes everything on the iPhone is set to sync (mail, contacts, bookmarks, cal, find my phone etc.) and it is set to push.

Here's the problem, no option/prefernce in Mobile Me set up/sync will let me highlight an option to select any cal?

I'm really confused. I can set the iPod Touch to sync everything but not the iPhone, evrything but the Cal.

Could it be as it's only a the 60 day trial? But then It did briefly work until I deleted a gmail account set up through Microsoft Exchange?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you may be on to something with that. Was there any info about resetting your mobile me acct on that page I linked to ?

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The link is pretty much what I have been doing only not trying to involve a gmail calendar. I want to use the Mobil Me Cal and then when I get the Mac sync that with the iCal.

I have just tried my bookmarks on the iPhone again and there are folders there eg. Sports, news etc (one I created) but now they have no content in.??????

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
here is the reset info . and i wonder if your goggle cal is linked to that gmail you deleted

MobileMe: How to reset sync data

Clay

Yes done that, check the first post screenshot I put in the message.

I've just tried it again to get the Bookmarks back correct on the phone.

Not happening.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes done that, check the first post screenshot I put in the message.

I've just tried it again to get the Bookmarks back correct on the phone.

Not happening.

Sorry just told a lie there. The bookmarks are back, it just took a few minutes.

So this is where we are; e-mail, contacts, bookmarks all good.

No Mobile Me to iPhone Calendar sync?

It's a Vista PC, IPhone 3GS, Mobile Me in Safari, currently linked to a wi fi network.

All software up to date.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am sure I will be proven wrong here but I believe you have to give mobile me a calender to sync. I dont use it anymore and have never on a Windows box but I dont remember Mobile Me having a stand alone calender. It uses outlook, or iCal to sync. Or the google cal .

Clay

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am sure I will be proven wrong here but I believe you have to give mobile me a calender to sync. I dont use it anymore and have never on a Windows box but I dont remember Mobile Me having a stand alone calender. It uses outlook, or iCal to sync. Or the google cal .

Clay

Yes I can see what you saying and I'd like to thank you for your time and help, but what leaves me confused is that the iPod touch is fully sync-ing.

I'm going to have to put it down now I've been at it over 5 hours now!

Many thanks again. Windy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I understand. One last question . What calender is the touch syncing ?

Clay

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I understand. One last question . What calender is the touch syncing ?

Clay

The iPod Touch was set up through the Mobile Me settings and was showing the Calendar in the Mobile Me (me.com) which I had started to put some dates in.

Since last night I have returned the iPod Touch back to my gmail account via Microsoft Exchange settings and can report that everything from my gmail account (mail, cal, contacts) has sync'd perfectly.

I did this too confirm to myself that is was not something as simple as the me.com calendar was not able to support more than one portable device. The result was that i still got no cal sync to the iPhone fom me.com.

I've been reading that Microsoft Exchange is now an option through Snow Leopard, so if I don't me.com syncing i'll probably have to go back to my gmail account.

The downside to this is that I lose a great e-mail address and cloud storage and sharing.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I still feel this option or lack of it in Mobile Me>Preferences for PC is not helping?

I have never been able to tick it or choose for Calendars.

mesnapshot-1.jpg

C

chas_m

Windows is not my forte anymore, so I'm totally guessing, but having just done tonight a presentation on MobileMe, I notice that Apple expects you to sync the calendar to one on your computer. So you need to have it sync to Outlook's Calendar as its "base" in order to do device-to-cloud-to-base. If you don't have Outlook installed, that would explain the messages you are getting.

You might also check Apple's support forums on this topic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.