Macbook Pro CD Slot

Reaction score
Okay, basically what happened is I put a CD in the slot of my Macbook Pro Aluminium and shortly afterward I heard a very loud rattling and scraping noise, I tried ejecting the CD a few times and then it came out. What I'm wondering is could I have damaged the CD slot somehow? It seems to work fine but I'm not sure, also every time I switch it on the CD slot makes a loud sound, is it supposed to do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
I think that the loud noise when ejecting and loading the CD is pretty normal. On my MBP it makes quite a horrifying noise as well. As for the noise when you boot up the system, that sounds a little fishy?

OP
S
Reaction score
I think that the loud noise when ejecting and loading the CD is pretty normal. On my MBP it makes quite a horrifying noise as well. As for the noise when you boot up the system, that sounds a little fishy?

Yeah it makes the same noise as if it was ejecting or loading a CD every time I boot it up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
My macbook does a quick little noise on startup, doing a POST check on it. It's by no means horrible. Does it happen when you press the eject key?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.