RAM Help

Reaction score
For some reason i feel like my ram isnt working properly in my iMac. I have a 2.4 GHz imac with 3 GB of ram. 1 gb is Apple and 2gb is OWC. My iStat monitor constantly shows that i only have 63 mb or so free. I remember it did the same thing when i only had 1 gb. There is about 1.30 gb in active and inactive each.
Shut down takes 2 minutes, startup is sluggish. But i never do either i just put it to sleep every night.

So my question is should i get rid of the owc ram and either get another 1gb from apple for $50 or get 2x2gb for $200? Thanks

Reaction score
For some reason i feel like my ram isnt working properly in my iMac. I have a 2.4 GHz imac with 3 GB of ram. 1 gb is Apple and 2gb is OWC. My iStat monitor constantly shows that i only have 63 mb or so free. I remember it did the same thing when i only had 1 gb. There is about 1.30 gb in active and inactive each.
Shut down takes 2 minutes, startup is sluggish. But i never do either i just put it to sleep every night.

So my question is should i get rid of the owc ram and either get another 1gb from apple for $50 or get 2x2gb for $200? Thanks

Before you buy a whole lot more ram I would do run some system utilities first. Ive never liked this sleep mode thing rather take my chances shuting down every day. The machine may not last as long,a week out of its life. But its not getting cooked in its own juices. Are you open on a broadband connection all night.

OP
H
Reaction score
Before you buy a whole lot more ram I would do run some system utilities first. Ive never liked this sleep mode thing rather take my chances shuting down every day. The machine may not last as long,a week out of its life. But its not getting cooked in its own juices. Are you open on a broadband connection all night.

what system utilities? and no i put my mac to sleep every night, that shuts the airport off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.