Ipod Syncing Of Converted Youtubes?

Reaction score
Ok…I did command-option-a while at youtube…double-clicked on the large video file and saved it.

Then I used Toast to convert it from .FLV to iTunes, where Toast saved it as a "tv show".

But when I sync my Ipod, I cannot get that file to transfer. It plays fine on my MBP within iTunes.

Any ideas? Thank you.

OP
S
Reaction score
Any other way to get some youtubes onto my MBP (easy) and iPod (hard)?

C

chas_m

Ok…I did command-option-a while at youtube…double-clicked on the large video file and saved it.

Then I used Toast to convert it from .FLV to iTunes, where Toast saved it as a "tv show".

But when I sync my Ipod, I cannot get that file to transfer. It plays fine on my MBP within iTunes.

Any ideas? Thank you.

And you've set the iPod to sync TV shows by adjusting the settings in the Video tab of iTunes when the iPod is connected?

OP
S
Reaction score
And you've set the iPod to sync TV shows by adjusting the settings in the Video tab of iTunes when the iPod is connected?

Yes.

In fact I can set it to sync two TV shows…a "real" one and a youtube converted as above...and *only* the first one makes it to the iPod.

Both play and look normal with no issues at all in the MBP. All latest iOS 4.0xx / SL. Summer 2009 MBP / iPod Touch 2 32gb.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok could not get it to work with my iPod 2G 32 Gb…but I sold that and now have a 4G…which synced the converted youtubes automagically.

Not sure what's up with that…but now I can get YouTubes onto my iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.