Time Capsule Problem

Reaction score
Hello

New to the forum. I've read around time capsule problems but not found anything which has solved my problem.

I am using a Macbook Pro with a Wanadoo livebox (WPA personal)

I go through the Airport Utility process and at the end I get this message;

The settings for this time capsule have been successfully updated. You can close this window or wait for the apple wireless device to restart

Waiting for the time capsule to restart...

After this I get an error message saying;

An error occurred, please close the configuration window and try again.

Any ideas?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Perhaps I should know this, but what is a Wanadoo Livebox? How does it relate to the connection between the Mac and the Time Capsule?

OP
T
Reaction score
Wanadoo Livebox is the router. I am trying to connect the Time Capsule to this existing network.

Reaction score
Hello

New to the forum. I've read around time capsule problems but not found anything which has solved my problem.

I am using a Macbook Pro with a Wanadoo livebox (WPA personal)

I go through the Airport Utility process and at the end I get this message;

The settings for this time capsule have been successfully updated. You can close this window or wait for the apple wireless device to restart

Waiting for the time capsule to restart...

After this I get an error message saying;

An error occurred, please close the configuration window and try again.

Any ideas?!

I had the exact same problem as you. I have recently purchase a 1 TB time capsule and could not set it up wirelessly to my MAC. Thanks to some very helful people on this forum there is a solution which should work for you.

Either go to the link below, or do a search in this forum for "time capsule" and go to the thread title "setting up time capsule problems". The specific instructions are about a third of the way through the thread and it includes screen shots.

Follow these instructions to the letter and it should work for you.

Trust me, it is a great feeling when you see that green light on you new Time Capsule.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ai.../104695-setting-up-time-capsule-problems.html

Reaction score
Did you manage to figure out your problem? I also have Livebox (which I hate, but another issue) I'm about to set up my Time capsule after several failed attempts. I've been reading a lot of French forums and apparently it is doable but a royal pain. I'm still reading all the posts, so I'll update you on what works. A big thing to know though is that you have to click the button at the bottom that lets you re-enter the Livebox wifi password. (see your Livebox account or the bottom of the Livebox) You have a 10 minute window in which to re-enter the password for ALL your connecting devices. Time Capsule, iPhone, computers, etc. ROYAL PAIN.

Attention. Do not accidentally reset the LiveBox. There are 2 buttons. Make sure you do the correct one. I'll get back to you on my progress.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.