Looking to buy wireless keyboard/mouse (MacBook Pro)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I've owned my MBP since last Summer and for some reason have never tried hooking it up to my desktop monitor, until now. It's like heaven ! I'm actually using my wireless (IR I guess) Logitech keyboard and mouse, with no complaints on the mouse side, but I'm not able to use the keyboard to the fullest extent I'd like since it was designed for Windows/Linux.

I personally hate the Apple keyboards, and loathe the Mighty Mouse... So What options are left for me in that case ? I'm not looking for anything fancy schmancy like the Logitech one with the track pad and piano black finish. That thing is huge. The bulk of what I do is photo editing and then comes everything else.

I have no preferences as to whether it should be bluetooth or w/e, so long as it doesn't fall apart after the first year. If possible, I do prefer keyboards who's keys are more quiet than not when typed on.

So, where do you guys suppose I should be looking ?

Thanks,

Doug

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Not one suggestion eh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
I know you said you hate the Apple stuff but I find the bluetooth wireless keyboard Apple make to be fantastic. I just love it. I do have some frustrations with the wireless mighty mouse but it's good enough for what I need.

Definatly recommend the keyboard if anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13in MBP
Highly Recommend the Logitech V470 mouse i have it in white for my alu macbook and the battery life is awesome so far ive had been using it more than 8 hours a day everyday literally For 2 months and the 2 AA batteries havent died yet the Logitech Pref says the batteries are still "good" and shows there half full so It surpassed my expectations on the battery life department. I was thinking about the mighty mouse but hurd to many mixed things about it so sprung for the V470 glad i did.

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I suggest the SEARCH button. Threads all over the place on this.

Oh REALLY ? Because that's actually the first thing I did. Found next to nothing except posts about the things I already said I didn't like. If you've found different results, I'd appreciate you posting the link to those specific search results, rather than just tell me to use the search button, which I already said I did. Thanks.

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Highly Recommend the Logitech V470 mouse i have it in white for my alu macbook and the battery life is awesome so far ive had been using it more than 8 hours a day everyday literally For 2 months and the 2 AA batteries havent died yet the Logitech Pref says the batteries are still "good" and shows there half full so It surpassed my expectations on the battery life department. I was thinking about the mighty mouse but hurd to many mixed things about it so sprung for the V470 glad i did.

Thanks for that, I had actually seen this one at Staples and was thinking about it, but felt it was pricey for a mouse. But since it is bluetooth and won't take up a USB port, it might be worth it, especially with the battery life being so long, as you say.

Doug

Reaction score
I think the bluetooth option is worth the price. You have the bluetooth and it's nice not to see the usb receiver out of the side. I use the bluetooth laser mouse from Targus and I have had nothing but the best of luck with it.
Brady

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13in MBP
Thanks for that, I had actually seen this one at Staples and was thinking about it, but felt it was pricey for a mouse. But since it is bluetooth and won't take up a USB port, it might be worth it, especially with the battery life being so long, as you say.

Doug

The one i bought was off ebay and open box item it was 33.00 just came with a mouse and a little carrying case. Works great

Reaction score
THE perfect MBPro mouse Logitech V470

I second the emotion re: the Logitech V470 mouse.
Amazon has it (do a search and check the photos).
It comes with a white top and silver sides - a perfect match for your
machine.
And... the USB full-size (numeric keypad) Apple keyboard is a WONDER!
As a "set", the MBPro, Apple keyboard, 24" Cinema Display and Logitech
V470 cannot be beat.
STELLAR!
LongJnSilver, London

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I caved and bought the Apple cordless keyboard. I like being totally cordless, though it's taking a bit of getting used to such a small keyboard in general. The keys are alright, and feels sturdy enough, and also like how light the whole thing is as well.

As for the mouse, while I was in the Apple store, I saw a Kensington (laser-Bluetooth) (slimblade) which appealed to me aesthetically speaking, so figured I'd give it a whirl. It's extremely light and very low profile but (the mouse cursor) seems to not be totally smooth in its movement. It could be the mousepad or surface I've got it on, but my other wireless (usb) mouse seemed smoother when dragging it. I might give the Logitech a shot and return this one since there's a 14 day return policy. Amazon has it for $38, about the same as what the Kensington costs.

Thanks.

Doug

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Update: Put the Kensington back in its package and bought the Logitech V470 yesterday @ B&H photo. Love it. Much more comfortable, and seems smoother as well. The button layout and feel of them is better too. Only issue (which is minor) is that after letting the mouse lay dormant for a minute, after moving it again, there's an ever so slight delay. No biggie though.

Thanks for the suggestion !

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.