Macbook -> Tiger Now or LeoPard later?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
Do you think its worth getting a new macbook now, within a few months.... or is it best to wait till leopard comes out?

Is there a estimated or confirmed release date for leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
Do you think its worth getting a new macbook now, within a few months.... or is it best to wait till leopard comes out?

Is there a estimated or confirmed release date for leopard?

I'm wondering the same thing as i'll moist likely be picking up a Macbook Pro (hopefully next friday)

I can't wait for my first mac!!!! :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
Don't quote me on this but I think Leopard is due out in the October timeframe. I would just buy now as the OS X upgrades aren't real expensive like Windows Upgrades are. Then again I'm impatient so hence the buy now! You won't be disappointed though.

Reaction score
I was actually wondering the same thing. I been dying to buy a Macbook but that was kind of holding me back. I doubt there will be any more hardware upgrades on them now before leopard?

I think I will go for Tiger and upgrade then when leopard comes, as egandolfi said its not as if we have to shell out for Windows Vista?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
It was due in June, now it's October and there's always the chance it could be Christmas.

If you want to wait until then, you don't really want a Mac do you!

Who knows if they'll be any Macbook tweaks, but even if there were, it won't be anything major.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - Mid 2007
I would just buy now as the OS X upgrades aren't real expensive like Windows Upgrades are.

How much do/will the upgrades cost?

Also, how do I get them? Do I go into the apple store and say, 'Hello, I'd like an OSX Leopard CD/DVD please!' or do I just download it?

Cheers,
-Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
It will probably be $130, $70 if you're a student. You can either go to an Apple store, or buy online. There is only 1 version of OS X, so you wont have to tell them that you need OS X version 10.5 Seriously Ultimate Media Center Signature Version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - Mid 2007
It will probably be $130, $70 if you're a student. You can either go to an Apple store, or buy online. There is only 1 version of OS X, so you wont have to tell them that you need OS X version 10.5 Seriously Ultimate Media Center Signature Version.

Thanks, and I must say that's incredibly cheap compared to Windows!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.