What to do with a mini hard drive?

Reaction score
I took the hard drive out of my mini, because it was broken beyond repair. What can I do to see if the hard drive still works, and what can i do with it? Sell it on ebay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
I'd buy a new one, since it's beyond repair. eBay should be your last option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
If it's broken beyond repair, then it should not work. You could sell it for a few dollars on eBay. I'd take it to a computer recycling facility and dispose of it properly.

OP
C
Reaction score
I ment that the iPod was broken. It was actually my brothers, and he really didn't take care of it. You don't even want to know what he did with it. I mean if I sold just the hard drive on eBay, could I get anything for it? I'd have to sell it as is, unless I have some way to see if its still functunal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook C2D 1gb ram 120gb
You could use it in a digital camera or anything that takes Compact flash cards as microdrives (as used in the mini) are the same physical size.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I'd take it apart... just to look at all the cool looking parts.

Reaction score
You could use it in a digital camera or anything that takes Compact flash cards as microdrives (as used in the mini) are the same physical size.

I took the 4gb Microdrive out of my old mini - and yes - it fits into cameras that take CF or Microdrive - but the camera fails to recognise the card. The same happens if I try it in a card reader.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.