i have a question - availability iPhone 4 ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
so all i hear (well almost all) i hear about the iPhone 4 is it's not being easily available, so i am wondering does Apple/AT&T have a secret "stash" for people that exchange the phone due to issues ? i was going to ask Apple but it's not easy to email them with general questions like these....

hope someone knows and can enlighten me, thanks..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No they don't. If you have to exchange it, and they don't have stock, they put you on a list and contact you when it's available. I think you get priority, but they don't have a pile of the hidden somewhere.

OP
roeiboot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
hanks schweb.... kinda blows when you have an iPhone 4 with an issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Omg! Schweb is actually wrong on something! Not normal! Actually, there is a comLetely different box for exchange models, you don't get the same iPhone from the same box as you first did. Your new model comes direct from apple in their black exchange boxes.

OP
roeiboot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
thanks idrinorbarsaku; this is a fact ?

(in short the reason, i upgraded via RadioShack from a 3G to a 3G, this weekend was day 29 & 30 so i emailed RadioShack about switching to the 4 obviously paying the difference, then sunday my grandmother died so it was on the backburner, since monday i've been going back & forth with RadioShack & AT&T.. AT&T suggested i may be able to reset my upgrade eligibility, give RadioShack my 3G and be on the waiting list for a 4... likely +4 weeks.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Omg! Schweb is actually wrong on something! Not normal! Actually, there is a comLetely different box for exchange models, you don't get the same iPhone from the same box as you first did. Your new model comes direct from apple in their black exchange boxes.

Funny, because I know 3 people who've exchanged their iPhone 4 that I work with and each had to wait 24-48 hours before they could pick up their new phone.

So I'm not sure why that would be the case if there was a box of them somewhere.

OP
roeiboot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
i have no issue with waiting 24-48, as a matter of fact if they steered slightly away from their policy i would do a happy dance :}

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
Funny, because I know 3 people who've exchanged their iPhone 4 that I work with and each had to wait 24-48 hours before they could pick up their new phone.

So I'm not sure why that would be the case if there was a box of them somewhere.
I believe both cases are true, as in some places have replacement iPhone 4's in that small white box and some don't so they wait for some "new" ones (in their retail box) to come in. Again, I'm not sure, I just think that's how it is right now.

OP
roeiboot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
thanks roffir...

Reaction score
The only reason I have my iPhone 4 is because some of the pre-ordered phones they had had not been picked-up by the customer within 24 hours. Therefore the rep was allowed to sell me one of the unpicked iPhones 4. So that tells me that some stores do have a "stash" of iPhines 4 avsilable. Rare, but some do!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
That's not to say that they aren't out of the replacements. I guess my reply could be better worded this way, they could have 30 replacement phones, but if someone comes in to buy one, they might be out of stock. You can go to the store to make sure though, ask them for both just for curiosity's sake.

OP
roeiboot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.