The Glossy screen is driving me NUTS!!!!

Reaction score
ok i really wish i had gotten the matte screen instead of the glossy

the glare is almost unbearable its so annoying too because some lighting is worse than others and its like i can only use the glossy screen mb pro if the lighting is "just right"

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr do uthink apple will let me exchange it? :|

its already been 2 months

Reaction score
That's a bummer about your screen. Personally I love the glossy screen with the rich colors etc. I haven't had any glare problems. I guess it all depends on the lighting that you are generally under. I have used my computer in my office with the overhead lights as well as at home with the typiclal lighting. Have you tried making some small adjustments in the angle of the screen to help reduce the glare?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i dont notice glare ever. this is with a huge window directly behind me.

you learn to live with it, and tune it out.

its not as bad as people make it out to be. your sol with apple, after two months, youre on your own :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
I feel you man. I bought the matte screen and am very very happy I did. I see the glossy screen MBPs at the Apple store and it makes me glad I bought the matte. Like the others said though, you will eventually get used to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
i am also a big fan of the glossy screen....it looks so much more vibrant to me than the matte. "different strokes for different folks" i guess

T

todd51

There are times when I notice that I would rather have the matte than a glossy screen. Whenever I am in my parents' living room, there's a lot of sun coming through the windows and I get pretty bad glares.

Although, when I'm doing work in Photoshop or watching a movie where it's a lot darker and I have the screen brightness up, WOW is enough said!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I like the glossy because I can see my own reflection when the screen turns off.... :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33G DUO CORE 17"
The glare is definitely there, however it's so much better screen than the matte one... Just my opinion....

You may regret if you have really to use the latter all the time..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i have 0 trouble reading mine inside with flourescent lighting.

personal preference i guess. i looked in the apple store at both screens. pulled up some files.

the matte was no competition for the glossy. the glossy looked brighter too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
My answer:

Sandpaper!!!

ok, jk.

Reaction score
I'll buy your screen if you don't like it.. No really I need one, mine is broken.. :eek:neye:

Jen

Reaction score
I am a designer. I like matte but glossy is a new one, I know PC has many glossy screen.

I spent a lot researched between matte and glossy before I bought a Macbook Pro (got it this week). I read 'matte vs glossy' on articles, blogs and forums. So many odd users commented they like matte and glossy, so many complained about glossy that has reflective from light. I wrote down two lists between matte and glossy what I am going to use and what matte/glossy are for. It did help me, probably just I am a designer have experience such as solving problems. I was worried about glare on glossy screen. I found someone said Apple's glossy has less reflective than PC's glossy. I was really stuck both, wish there is one display in the middle of 50% matte/glossy screen (hope you know what I mean). After done researched, I took a look at my CRT monitor, had glossy and glare. I imagined them as MacbookPro glossy screen. I can stand with glare, I don't even notice them unless I see in my eyes on focus. I can ignore them while looking stuff on display. No problem so far. I decided to go with glossy :)

The results are:
Matte is good for accurate colours, reduce eyestrain and print.
Glossy is good for viewing, rich colours, multimedia (videos, photos and movies).

I wish to choose matte for MBP but I don't need to, because I am not going to design or print except PC desktop as I planned to buy LCD widescreen display (matte).

I'm glad this is my first MAC personally :) I have used PowerMAC G5 with 20" Cinema display at college.

Why did you come here to ask if Apple will exchange display? This is not Apple services, why don't you phone or email them?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.