Best USB Hub?

Reaction score
So I bought a Rosewill 7-port USB Hub about 2 months ago. The thing worked great, never had any problems. Until I found out that it stopped working this morning. Nothing was recognized (I got scared cause I though the external crashed), but then I looked at the USB Hub and it was overheating. I immediately unplugged everything, called the manufacturer and they are issuing me a refund. Now, my question to you all is: What is a reliable, but yet somewhat small USB Hub? I need at least 6 ports, this one currently has 8. Let me know of any suggestions. I did a Google search and all the potential one's I found had extremely mixed reviews. Let me know if you have any advice! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
OP
L
Reaction score
Not the cheapest, but Targus, which has 7 ports, including two high-powered (1000 mA) ones (good for bus-pwrd external drives); also audio pass-through, so you can plug in headphones, external amp/spkrs, etc. It's a goodie.
Targus Desktop 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub with Audio Pass-Through - hub - 7 ports Review | ZDNet: Reviews

Shop around though, that price has risen since I bought two years ago, I paid something like US$32, even down under in lil' ol' NZ.

Just bought that one off Amazon...We'll see how it works...*fingers crossed*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Just bought that one off Amazon...We'll see how it works...*fingers crossed*

Good luck. I've had a good run with mine, no problems at all.

Anther one I nearly bought and was going to mention was this Amazon.com: CyberPower High-Speed 7-Port USB Hub: Electronics, but it doesn't have the audio facility, and I didn't like the bright blue light.

I bought its little cousin, the battery-powered 4-port hub, great for portability Amazon.com: CyberPower Mobile Battery Powered 4-Port USB Hub (CP-H420MP): Electronics. They're no longer made, and there were mixed reviews and complaints about how difficult it is to insert or remove batteries.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.