No Cydia icon after jailbreak

Reaction score
Hi all

I have just Jail broke my Iphone 4, 4.2.1. I followed the instructions fully and the greenpoison program said that it was complete. But after the restart there is no loader or cydia icons on my springboard. How to i get these icons ?

regards

aiden

Reaction score
You can do what I did. After I JB my ipod I simply ran Redsn0w and selected only to install Cydia, after a reboot I had my icon and able to download stuff. Good luck

Reaction score
Hi all

I have just Jail broke my Iphone 4, 4.2.1. I followed the instructions fully and the greenpoison program said that it was complete. But after the restart there is no loader or cydia icons on my springboard. How to i get these icons ?

regards

aiden

I jb mine with gp. it works. you probably didn't do right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Sounds like the JB didn't take.

I JB my iPad w/ an early GP version on OS X and it was awful. Fought with it for half a day to get it to take.

Later I JB my iPhone 4 using the Windows version and it worked perfectly on the first try.

The first two OS X versions were horrible. From what I googled, I'd 90% of the people who used them had issues. If you have access to another platform try the other GP version.

When it sucessfully JBs, you should have a Loader app on the springboard. Tap it to start downloading Cydia.

Since the loader app never appeared, it may not actually be jailbroken yet, so I'm not sure if the Redsn0w method cad2blender mentioned will work, but there's no harm in trying. It only takes a minute. You can also try jailbreaking with redsn0w and then run GP on the jailbroken device to untether.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.