Buying interna hadrdrive?????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
My macbook hardrive died a few days ago. I am going to best buy today to get a new one. My question is, I know i need a 2.5" sata internal drive. What else does the box need to say? Is there a certain type of interface with the macbook I need to look for? Whats the diffrence between ata and sata? Wht exactly do i need to tell the bets buy geek squad guy to ensure i come home with the right harddrive? thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 w/4 gigs, Mac Pro Dual Quad 2.8's with 16 gigs of Ram, iMac 21" i5
It has to be a SATA drive, NOT IDE. As long as it is a 2.5 SATA drive it's alright. I would go to newegg however, Best Buy will charge an arm and a leg.

Reaction score
It has to be a SATA drive, NOT IDE. As long as it is a 2.5 SATA drive it's alright. I would go to newegg however, Best Buy will charge an arm and a leg.

its ok he has 2 arms and 2 legs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
My macbook hardrive died a few days ago. I am going to best buy today to get a new one.

Your Macbook should still be covered under AppleCare, which means it is possible get it replaced for free from Apple. No need to go to Best Buy and pay through the nose for one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.