Closing all applications in unison

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
Not a new switcher - been a Mac user for over 3 years but never as usual sure of the right forum to post on re the topic? :Grimmace:

Knowing how important it is to install updates I try to do so when prompted, (missing plug-in in mail now the issue - updates did not help) since I usually have quite a few applications open 24/7 though, such as Photoshop and Illustrator and several others, and it seems to take f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get them all to close one by one, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a command or keyboard shortcut anything that will allow me to close all apps simultaneously without the toe tapping ad nauseum wait.

It actually puts me off installing the updates sometimes as I just can't sit around staring at the monitor for that long.

Thank you and Happy St. Patrick's Day.
FYI - They don't wear green on St. Paddy's day in Ireland, wonder why they do it here? ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Just keep your finger on command and keep tapping Q until they are all closed........ takes less than 3 seconds with 10+ apps open!

OP
kathmat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
Brilliant! Will give it a try.
Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2 GHz i7
I think Ctrl +Q works in Windows too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
in Windows you could also just hit alt+F4 :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.