Itunes Asking To Accept Incoming Connections.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Morning folks...

This past week, for some reason, every time that I start iTunes I get a pop up window that reads "Do you want the application "iTunes.app" to accept incoming network connections?"

I have doubled check that the firewall is configured correctly to accept incoming connection from the network to iTunes, and I am a little at a lost where else to check. One significant change that I have done recently is to configure my iMac to share certain files in our network, music being one of these items, but you would think that iTunes would be configure to accept incoming networks connections automatically in this case.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 Macbook Pro 13"
FWIW, I got the same message. I clicked Yes. All seems well.

C

chas_m

Turn off the software firewall. It's off by default for a reason. You don't need it.

OP
WolfsBane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Thank you iWhat and everyone who responded. As suggested, re-installing iTunes seems to have taken care of the issue.

;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Morning folks...

This past week, for some reason, every time that I start iTunes I get a pop up window that reads "Do you want the application "iTunes.app" to accept incoming network connections?"

I have doubled check that the firewall is configured correctly to accept incoming connection from the network to iTunes, and I am a little at a lost where else to check. One significant change that I have done recently is to configure my iMac to share certain files in our network, music being one of these items, but you would think that iTunes would be configure to accept incoming networks connections automatically in this case.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

I know you've fixed this now, but have you used Clean My Mac recently?

When I used it, it seemed to trigger this issue in iTunes, at least I think it was the trigger.

I had that message for a few days before I got round to trying to get rid of it once and for all.

For me, the fix was to remove iTunes from my Firewall preferences, restart the Mac, then launch iTunes, accept the suggestion to allow iTunes to accept connections and then restarted the Mac again, it did seem to fix it for me.

I think the Clean My Mac app must have deleted some preference file, don't get me wrong, it told me all the files that it thought were of little use, I looked at quite a few before agreeing it probably knew best and let it delete all of its recommendations - the fault was mine, I just wonder if you happened to use this app recently as well?

OP
WolfsBane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know you've fixed this now, but have you used Clean My Mac recently?

When I used it, it seemed to trigger this issue in iTunes, at least I think it was the trigger.

I had that message for a few days before I got round to trying to get rid of it once and for all.

For me, the fix was to remove iTunes from my Firewall preferences, restart the Mac, then launch iTunes, accept the suggestion to allow iTunes to accept connections and then restarted the Mac again, it did seem to fix it for me.

I think the Clean My Mac app must have deleted some preference file, don't get me wrong, it told me all the files that it thought were of little use, I looked at quite a few before agreeing it probably knew best and let it delete all of its recommendations - the fault was mine, I just wonder if you happened to use this app recently as well?

I haven't used Clean My Mac. I tend to prefer to clean a lot of the stuff in my computers manually... I'm an old timer computer geek, and some habits die hard.

I did try, earlier, to delete iTunes from the firewall preference and re-select it, but this didn't resolved the issue with the pop up message.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.