ICAL: list all events on one calendar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook (refurb), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, 60GB HDD
Is it possible to see a list of all the events on one particular calendar?

Reaction score
Good question and I have a follow up on that one: I use iCal to record my work hours. Just create an event for my day at work and make notes, what I did. By the end of the month I have to hand in a spread sheet. So my question: is it possible to see right away total hours of an event for the day/week? is there a way to export events and import into a spread sheet? (using neoOffice here...)

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My question was born out of the fact that you can already search for events, which are then LISTED for you.

I figure that it wouldn't be that much trouble to see all the events on calendar X by just using a search term something similiar to this: 'calendar:X'

Reaction score
did you play a bit with the search functions? my work events are simply just called "work" and then usually the week number. Then I searched for "Event and ToDo titles" (click on the little triangle in the search field) and typed in "work". It found all my work events....

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey dekan,

That's not really what i'm getting at. e.g I have a calendar called "Career Events". But I don't actually have any events created with the words "career events" so when I search for "career events" it doesn't bring anything up.

I'm sure there must be a hack/script/plugin somewhere that can provide this functionality - just keep looking I guess. I wish I knew how to program.... would do it myself.

p.s. I really dig your suggestion about total hours - I'm doing pretty much the same thing and it would be so useful to have that kind of function (however microsoft-like it may be).

Reaction score
Yah, seems like our problems/questions here are a bit too special ;)

Reaction score
Also, uncheck your other calendars

The "" into the search box works, and then to see only one calendar, uncheck all the other ones on the left side. (I'm using 10.5.1, FYI.)

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks randomdeanna. Great first post!

Welcome to the forums!

Reaction score
TimeTable gets iCal hours

Wow, so I'm a bit late with an answer for dekan but.... if you're still
looking to get your hours out of iCal, check out http://www.stevenriggs.com for a demo version of TimeTable. It does just what you are looking for if you are running Leopard. Cheers! ~Steve

Good question and I have a follow up on that one: I use iCal to record my work hours. Just create an event for my day at work and make notes, what I did. By the end of the month I have to hand in a spread sheet. So my question: is it possible to see right away total hours of an event for the day/week? is there a way to export events and import into a spread sheet? (using neoOffice here...)

Reaction score
Also, if you have a bunch of calendars, you can command click on any one of the calendar check boxes and it will clear them all at the same time. It will also bring them all back too.

The "" into the search box works, and then to see only one calendar, uncheck all the other ones on the left side. (I'm using 10.5.1, FYI.)

Reaction score
looks like a sweet app. I will definitely try it out. thx for the heads up!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.