Parallels makes its next attracting season offer!

Reaction score
For those who are deciding to get Virtual Machine's soft in the nearest future, I recommend you not to miss the opportunity to save your money! I've just found out that Parallels now has their next special "spring offer".
For example, It lets you to save up to $15 on getting Parallels Desktop Premium and then $10 on its upgrading. Looks pretty nice and attractive! They call it "Break into Spring".
Well, it seems to be that Parallels' marketing is doing well his job to make its product more attractive for their customers... I always thought before that Parallels is very customer-oriented company with its excellent support system and nice offers... This offer is another confirmation.
I could save my money if I buy Parallels Desktop today. But I already have it... :Smirk:
Hope this news will help somebody else to economize! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
And who do you work for, then...?

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I haven't bought Parallels Premium yet. I'm happy that they also offer discounts for upgrading to Premium.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
???? Pardon? Does it really make sense to this thread? :D

I think he's suggesting your enthusiasm seems a little partisan, and I agree.

It would be nice if Parallels answered their forums from time to time. I like their software, but it feels like you're buying into a mystery. I use parallels 3.0.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
???? Pardon? Does it really make sense to this thread? :D

I'm implying that you appear to have an interest in Parallels's sales, either working for them or as a reseller. Apologies if I'm wrong, but that's how your email read.

OP
K
Reaction score
I think he's suggesting your enthusiasm seems a little partisan, and I agree.

knightlie said:
I'm implying that you appear to have an interest in Parallels's sales, either working for them or as a reseller. Apologies if I'm wrong, but that's how your email read.

Yes, absolutely right: this is how you read my post... But really your assumptions are wrong.
Ok, suppose you have bought something that you really enjoy. For example, car. The one that you really like most of all. It really brings you happiness and pleasure. What do you usually do then? Right, you tell you friends, colleagues, relatives about your new car to share your happiness with them! :)

The same situation has occurred with me several months ago. I've been a PC user for 12 years. Then I really wanted to get Mac! When I got it I felt that I still need Windows on it and don't know what to do... People advice me some soft that I didn't know about and that they said would help me to run Windows on my Mac. Then I got Parallels Desktop and now I really enjoy it. I just try to share with you, mates, my positive experience about this app and I also posted this news that I thought will help you to save your money if you are going to get this soft.. I feel sorry that this info was perceived in such wrong way... :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, absolutely right: this is how you read my post... But really your assumptions are wrong.

It wasn't an assumption, it was an eveluation of an over-zealous post, from a new member, with multiple links to a company website and a lot of very questiionable information, and so I and others drew a conclusion. You said:

Well, it seems to be that Parallels' marketing is doing well his job to make its product more attractive for their customers... I always thought before that Parallels is very customer-oriented company with its excellent support system and nice offers... This offer is another confirmation.

Most people agree Parallels is an awful company in terms of customer support. There are literally hundreds of unanswered support questions on their forums. Having a 'Spring Sale' is not an example of their commitment to customers, since existing customers won't benefit, it's an example of trying to grab more market share, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Having said that, if this was not your intention, accept my apologies, I am sure some people benefited from knowing there was a lower price/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree with Zoolook on both counts, your post was pretty over-zealous, and Parallels support is absolutely abysmal. Terrible.

OP
K
Reaction score
It wasn't an assumption, it was an eveluation of an over-zealous post, from a new member, with multiple links to a company website and a lot of very questiionable information, and so I and others drew a conclusion.

knightlie said:
I agree with Zoolook on both counts, your post was pretty over-zealous, and Parallels support is absolutely abysmal. Terrible.

Was it over-zealous? I thought it was just informative.. Nothing more.
And which informations is questionable? I'll try to answer to these questions if you have some...

Zoolook said:
Most people agree Parallels is an awful company in terms of customer support. There are literally hundreds of unanswered support questions on their forums.

Well me personally started to use Parallels product about 3 months ago. And I have plenty of questions on the first days of running it.. I have found all the answers on their web-site (Knowledge Base + Forum).
Another thing: we can judge how good their support is by looking at the Mac's forums threads. I didn't see flood of questions about Parallels on the forums... Did you?

Zoolook said:
Having a 'Spring Sale' is not an example of their commitment to customers, since existing customers won't benefit, it's an example of trying to grab more market share, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Absolutely agree. Me and another existing Parallels users don't benefit from this and another similar offers. That's the thing I don't like. Nothing to restrain existing customers... Only to attract. But I hope they know about this issue and will work out something for us..

Zoolook said:
Having said that, if this was not your intention, accept my apologies, I am sure some people benefited from knowing there was a lower price/

Well, maybe my thread could provoke such reaction as yours but I hope my further posts has changed your critical opinion about all this..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Was it over-zealous? I thought it was just informative.. Nothing more.
And which informations is questionable? I'll try to answer to these questions if you have some...

Well me personally started to use Parallels product about 3 months ago. And I have plenty of questions on the first days of running it.. I have found all the answers on their web-site (Knowledge Base + Forum).
Another thing: we can judge how good their support is by looking at the Mac's forums threads. I didn't see flood of questions about Parallels on the forums... Did you?

I've been using Parallels since October 2006 and have a slightly different experience, although to be honest I have only ever had a couple of issues with their product. However there is a general consensus, even on these boards, that Parallels' support is questionable.

I am not going to get into a question/answer session with you, I don't have to justify my feelings to you. As you're new to the forums, it's going to be a little while before you see how other people interact and how people make posts. You can either learn something from it, or ignore it and keep arguing sentence by sentence.

OP
K
Reaction score
As you're new to the forums, it's going to be a little while before you see how other people interact and how people make posts. You can either learn something from it, or ignore it and keep arguing sentence by sentence.

Ni, I don't want to keep arguing (including arguing with you) at all. It is not always the thing that brings pleasure... I think I just should learn something from the experience of these debates...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ni, I don't want to keep arguing (including arguing with you) at all. It is not always the thing that brings pleasure... I think I just should learn something from the experience of these debates...

OK, welcome to the forums BTW.

How are you finding Parallels anyway?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Their knowledge-base is great. But if you contact them for real support - as in post on their forum with a bug or problem and ask for a solution - you'll get no answer from them. Bug-reports and questions go unanswered - that's not good customer support.

That's not an effective method of gauging their customer support.

OP
K
Reaction score
OK, welcome to the forums BTW.

Thanks. Glad to join your nice company! :Smirk:

How are you finding Parallels anyway?

Well, after I bought my first Mac 3 months ago I was choosing Virtualisation soft for about 1 month.. I was choosing between VMWare Fusion and Parallels Desktop. I spend a lot of my time in other forums gathering other users' reports to find the answer which app is the best.. I failed to find the answer because there are such different points of view.. And there is no dominating point of view as well. There are debates only. So my choice was a random choice. And I think I haven't mistaken.

By the way, I've made my own conclusion that Parallels and Fusion are similar to Mercedes and BMW.. :) One cannot be objectively better than another. :) Moreover everything is individual..

I would say that I like Parallels Desktop. Easy to install, easy to use, nice interface. I like its Virtual Machine Management Tools. I find them very convenient. It doesn't drag my system and that's very important to me. So the speed is perfect. Thru PD I run such Windows-only soft as IE7, AutoCad, some Office soft that I get used to, Photoshop and so on.. I even tried to play some PC-games in PD. But of course these games are not ones with high system requirements. Parallels will fail to run them.
I use Boot Camp for gaming. I think this one is the best for gaming.

Surely this report is a little bit narrowed and subjective because I have nothing to compare with. But Parallels fully satisfies me and I haven't any issues that make me think about getting another soft that runs Windows on MAC. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I really don't think you can go wrong between Parallels and VM Fusion either. Parallels is a little more mature, but does restrict performance to a single core and denies you full DX 9 acceleration. Coherance is great and it seems to use slightly less memory.

Reaction score
Ok, suppose you have bought something that you really enjoy. For example, car. The one that you really like most of all. It really brings you happiness and pleasure. What do you usually do then? Right, you tell you friends, colleagues, relatives about your new car to share your happiness with them! :)

The same situation has occurred with me several months ago. I've been a PC user for 12 years. Then I really wanted to get Mac! When I got it I felt that I still need Windows on it and don't know what to do... People advice me some soft that I didn't know about and that they said would help me to run Windows on my Mac. Then I got Parallels Desktop and now I really enjoy it. I just try to share with you, mates, my positive experience about this app and I also posted this news that I thought will help you to save your money if you are going to get this soft.. I feel sorry that this info was perceived in such wrong way... :|

I agree with you about happiness because of buying new things! Especially it is peculiar to girls :) When I buy some clothes for example, I want to tell everybody about, to share my happiness!

Is this forum especially for mac-users? Guess so :) But from this thread I've understood that I must start my first message with NOT talking about mac. Explain why, please :) For me It's better to discuss other topics with my friends! SO I don't really understand why are you surprised that kolevich's first message is about parallels on mac? :)

I have a similar story! When I bought my mac I wanted to use PC and parallels is the first company which had catched my eye! I decided to load a demo version - I was glad and decided to buy it! I think everybody has his own choice! If you are glad with fusion (I didn't try it) continue to use it! If you are glad with parallels - great! :) Or It's better is you run both progs and make your own opinion. I will try fusion maybe if there will be necessary :)

OP
K
Reaction score
Parallels is a little more mature, but does restrict performance to a single core and denies you full DX 9 acceleration. Coherance is great and it seems to use slightly less memory.

Actually I don't need DX9 acceleration on Parallels as I use BootCamp for my 3D needs.. I'm sure Fusion is better than Parallels in 3D support but also is not perfect as BootCamp... I am also sure that they both will improve their 3D support soon. :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.