Anyone has a soft case or soft bag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
Hey peps...

Was looking at getting a soft case or a small bag, somewhere in the size of that nice protective bag that encase the MBP when it was brand new. So that I can slide my MBP into while transporting it, kinda like an protection padding so that the chances of scratching her would lessen.

Anyone using a soft case or bag can share with us what they have and where they bought it

Saw this interesting thing on Amazon... anyone using one?

OP
Aaagogo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
yeah, that's the one i found on amazon... i don't think so i will be using that one, cause most of the time, my battery is out of my system, i only use my battery when i'm on the plane or somewhere when power is definitely out of the qn...

most of the time, i run my MBP from wall power and remove my battery...

prefer more of a soft carry bag or sometime... so that she won't be scratched up when i put her into my backpack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
most of the time, i run my MBP from wall power and remove my battery...
Any particular reason why?

Leaving the battery (fully charged) in while the charger is plugged in is not going to harm your battery or reduce its lifespan one bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I have one of the Specks (red) and it's pretty nice, but a little pricey for what they are. I had a gift cert to Amazon when I got mine. I wish it were made of a harder plastic, it scratches kind of easily. Other than that, they're pretty cool and it gives me a little individuality when in class among other Mac users. I'd like to get a black one sometime. The red is a little flashy.

OP
Aaagogo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it's just a personal preference of taking care of my battery

when i'm home, my MBP is switched on only unless i have to carry it somewhere else.

I know on my thinkpad that the battery will not charge if it's above 95% full, anyone knows if the MBP does the same?

i have lots of friends who just leave their battery in their laptops and then plug it in when they need to used their laptops. i notice that the battery lifespan is greatly shortened, due to the constant charging of the battery.

my thinkpad T41 is more than 3 yrs old and the battery on a full charge still lets me complete a DVD movie. where as my friend's battery can't even last a complete DVD movie after 9mths to 1 year.

so i guess me taking extra care of the battery kinda works...

and i don't think so i have to worry now, cause applecare takes care of the battery too for 3 yrs.... :D

Apple rocks
Any particular reason why?

Leaving the battery (fully charged) in while the charger is plugged in is not going to harm your battery or reduce its lifespan one bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 16g iPhone 3g, 30g iPod classic
I bought this yesterday, it's adorable. I can't wait to get it. muahaha...

52kxyl2.png

here's the linkage: http://barrysfarm.net/store/single_view/20#

they also have a few other fun ones.... click the catalogue to see them.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Aaagogo, whenever i hear someone working like that i shudder. i agree with DB, i don't think you're doing any harm by leaving it in and on a/c at the same time.

you are, however risking abrupt shutdown from power outs or the power connection coming undone. you're also risking data corruption from dips in power that the battery would otherwise smooth out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I described my delight with a MacBook sleeve from Waterfield Designs in this thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.