Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.16
I want XAMPP web server to auto start..

It requires these 2 terminal lines..

sudo su
/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/mampp start

Can I add this to the start up?

Reaction score
All Unix commands run while OS-X is booting up are run as root and have the potential to significantly alter the behavior of your system.

Its probably worth a mention that the idea of Mamp is a "Development Environment". It wouldn't be advisable to host a live website with it. Anyway... it wouldn't be cost effective at all.

Here's what you need to know:
http://www.osxfaq.com/tutorials/LearningCenter/HowTo/Startup/index.ws

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.16
Its probably worth a mention that the idea of Mamp is a "Development Environment". It wouldn't be advisable to host a live website with it. Anyway... it wouldn't be cost effective at all.

Its my job to develop websites. Its currently not very cost effective for me to spend the first 5 minutes of my day finding and entering the correct command.

Thanks for the link.

Reaction score
Its my job to develop websites. Its currently not very cost effective for me to spend the first 5 minutes of my day finding and entering the correct command.

Thanks for the link.

Cool, sorry if that post came across in a bad way.
I could do with more knowledge in that area myself.

No problems for the link, glad to help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.