Errors on new install...help!

Reaction score
Hey, all.

I'm kind of new here and need some help.

I'll try and keep it short.

I'm definitely not new to Macs...had too many to count at one point.

Well, I just got a MacBook Pro 2.2 Core Duo 15 incher. It's in excellent shape.

Well, I installed Snow Leopard. Put some files from a PowerBook and a MacBook on it. Had all kinds of permission errors. Even had blue screening every single day. Safari would tile, computer was sluggish (it has 4 gigs of ram), etc.

Well, I zeroed out the HD and re-installed just Snow Leopard. Guess what? I run the Disk Utility and I have tons of permission errors. 1 or 2 can't be repaired

After it's done "repairing", I'll run the DU again and there are the SAME permissions errors.

Anyone else have this problem? What's a good fix?

Anything you care to share or offer will be greatly appreciated.

Nuff said.

olds_cool63

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Perhaps some of the older PowerBook files are not compatible with the MBP and/or Snow Leopard. And do not worry about those permissions errors they mean nothing.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1448

OP
O
Reaction score
Perhaps some of the older PowerBook files are not compatible with the MBP and/or Snow Leopard. And do not worry about those permissions errors they mean nothing.

Mac OS X: Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely ignore

Hey, thanks for answering. That link comes in VERY handy

Also, I should've mentioned I tried all of the fixes on Apple's site already. Didn't do anything at all.

Also, it seems to run really hot. My MacBook runs hot, too. They both have the "loud fan disease". The PowerBook is no more...I just have the HD.

Thanks.

Nuff said.

olds_cool63

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.