• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple plans to push HTML5 by creating new, 'innovative' websites

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I guess that's good news users of the iOS since they are missing flash. Not that I miss it or anything. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Um... How exactly is this supposed to push HTML5? The content they're creating is on THEIR websites, no others. Windows converts and current users of Flash don't care one bit about Apple's site. Not even note worthy IMO.

Doug

Well they are leading by example. SOmeone has to do it first before all the clones, (I mean other IT companies:) ) do their own thing and make their own websites. And cause so many companies look to Apple to see what the future is and to what idea product they want to copy (ipad a good example).

So in this vain if Apple takes the first in their websites then everyone else might just do the same thing on their websites to varying degrees of success. We all know people like to clone Apple's ideas so might as well get the idea (this time the HTML5 websites) ready for everyone else to clone.

And I don't see people wanting to clone flash or any other adobe product. People use Adobe products cause they have to, not cause they want to. Photoshop the only exception. It's massively bloated way to CPU and memory intensive for what it does. But Photoshop is the best in it's field and many people enjoy using it. The rest of Adobe's products though are just POS.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Well they are leading by example. SOmeone has to do it first before all the clones, (I mean other IT companies:) ) do their own thing and make their own websites. And cause so many companies look to Apple to see what the future is and to what idea product they want to copy (ipad a good example).

So in this vain if Apple takes the first in their websites then everyone else might just do the same thing on their websites to varying degrees of success. We all know people like to clone Apple's ideas so might as well get the idea (this time the HTML5 websites) ready for everyone else to clone.

And I don't see people wanting to clone flash or any other adobe product. People use Adobe products cause they have to, not cause they want to. Photoshop the only exception. It's massively bloated way to CPU and memory intensive for what it does. But Photoshop is the best in it's field and many people enjoy using it. The rest of Adobe's products though are just POS.

I agree with you on the first part about Apple leading by example. Sort of agree about the adobe products to an extent. I wouldn't say I enjoy using Photoshop. It's just that I have never used anything else. It also helps that it's easy to use too so I've never bothered looking for alternatives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Um... How exactly is this supposed to push HTML5? The content they're creating is on THEIR websites, no others. Windows converts and current users of Flash don't care one bit about Apple's site. Not even note worthy IMO.

Doug

A few people use it, they talk to their friends about it, they use it, they mention to their friends how much they like it, one of the friends out of all that group is somehow associated with a website and he requests html5 be looked at/implemented, it gets implemented, people use that website, they talk to their friends about it, they use it, they mention to their friends how much they like it, one of the friends out of all that group is somehow associated with a website and he requests html5 be looked at/implemented, a few people use it, they talk to their friends about it, they use it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
A few people use it, they talk to their friends about it, they use it, they mention to their friends how much they like it, one of the friends out of all that group is somehow associated with a website and he requests html5 be looked at/implemented, it gets implemented, people use that website, they talk to their friends about it, they use it, they mention to their friends how much they like it, one of the friends out of all that group is somehow associated with a website and he requests html5 be looked at/implemented, a few people use it, they talk to their friends about it, they use it...

Yes, yes... And by the time word of mouth gets around, we'll still be ushering in 2015. Call me a skeptic if you'd like but, I really don't think that Apple have the clout to push HTML 5 any further than it would go naturally, in time. There's a LOT more to this than a matter of what is the better technology and who likes what. If it were, we'd obviously have seen HTML 5 take broader steps by now. This is about licensing and getting all the big companies on the same page, at the same time. And that's not going to happen simply because we want it to.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Yes, yes... And by the time word of mouth gets around, we'll still be ushering in 2015. Call me a skeptic if you'd like but, I really don't think that Apple have the clout to push HTML 5 any further than it would go naturally, in time. There's a LOT more to this than a matter of what is the better technology and who likes what. If it were, we'd obviously have seen HTML 5 take broader steps by now. This is about licensing and getting all the big companies on the same page, at the same time. And that's not going to happen simply because we want it to.

Doug

Gotta start somewhere. It's easy to be a nay-sayer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram
Gotta start somewhere. It's easy to be a nay-sayer.

Its also annoying as heck to have to rewrite, and learn a new language every year or so. Perhaps if there was more of a demand for html5 then maybe, but I doubt Apple is going to be making everyones webpages, and I doubt people would let them.

Reaction score

Are you KIDDING me? Adobe makes great software! After Effects (my favorite) is the gold standard in terms of post production motion and visual effects editing software. Dreamweaver is far and away the best website designer you can buy. Flash editor is VERY useful. I dont really mind the lack of iOS flash support, but to say that people use Adobe products only because they have to is ludacris!

:Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram
Are you KIDDING me? Adobe makes great software! After Effects (my favorite) is the gold standard in terms of post production motion and visual effects editing software. Dreamweaver is far and away the best website designer you can buy. Flash editor is VERY useful. I dont really mind the lack of iOS flash support, but to say that people use Adobe products only because they have to is ludacris!

:Shouting:

.. and you dont mention photoshop why? OUTRAGE I SAY!
seriously, photoshop is amazing, and has coined its own phrase "photoshopped."
so much image editing power is just stunning.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.