Switchers and Converted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
Its funny how many threads I read about people who have switched to Mac, almost everybody who switches praises the system and loves the hardware itself.

Most people who switch will say the following...
  • Why didn't I switch sooner
  • My friends were right
  • Its so simple to use, now I am used to it
  • God this is fault free

Few people will say oh fiddle sticks that hash # key is a nightmare to find, and some may say that at @ key was a pain to get used to.

But it all makes sense.

I remember about 4 years ago before I switched, I was digging my heals in saying everything bad about Apple users. Called them geeks etc...

But the true fact is, Apple fans are not geeks, because hardly no fixing or fault finding is needed on a Mac, yet Windows users are always trying to fix the machines.

Out of the box software with Windows (wow what a choice)
Out of the box software with Mac (it all works, is useful, and again makes us think about the silicon valley users!)

The first thing that really made me go wow, yet to a Mac user is not even a twitch anymore, a Printer JUST WORKS. I have spent hours on sites looking for drivers for a Windows machine.

Anybody thinking of switching then please see below.
Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics
Apple - Support - Mac 101

Anybody who is converted and wants to add any more encouragement to switchers please feel free to post good links to help are fellow troubled users.

It really will be a big share on the market now exchange will work out the box (I for one use exchange for work and now allows me to bring my MBP to work everyday for daily tasks)

Reaction score
I have an old 1999 Imac g3 and it will boot faster than a 2004 PC. that was my first mac though I never could use it because of the small amount of ram but now I have the newest model imac ( a 24 inch), it really make me wonder why I never switched before. when I bought a used airport extreme apple told me exactly how to erase the password and better yet guided me through setting it up. I have only encountered one unfixable problem ( most of you won't have to worry about this) when macs do java printing it will only use the standard preset . If you want a mac go out and buy it I can almost guarantee that you will never use a PC again

Reaction score
I still haven't found the "option"-key, yet that small complaint is small in comparison to the many good things about my Macbook Pro.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
I have an old 1999 Imac g3 and it will boot faster than a 2004 PC. that was my first mac though I never could use it because of the small amount of ram but now I have the newest model imac ( a 24 inch), it really make me wonder why I never switched before. when I bought a used airport extreme apple told me exactly how to erase the password and better yet guided me through setting it up. I have only encountered one unfixable problem ( most of you won't have to worry about this) when macs do java printing it will only use the standard preset . If you want a mac go out and buy it I can almost guarantee that you will never use a PC again

Yep!!

Not only will your hardware out perform PC machines of same spec or even higher but your machine will keep its premium should you wish to part from your machine for a better Mac!

Reaction score
The first thing that caught me was the trackpad. I couldn't believe how easy and natural the multi-gesturing became. Plopping back into the seat of my Linux box is going to feel so weird.

Here's how exciting the first run was--the first computer I ever diddled on was a VAX (anybody else remember those?). The first time I had a program actually run without barfing all over was the last time I was as happy/ecstatic/excited as I was playing with this Mac for the first time. Even my first home computer, a TI/99-4A, couldn't compare. I'm hooked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Late-2011), 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
Before I bought my MacBook Pro Thursday (decided to go ahead and get it before the Snow Leopard rush), I had been using a "hackintosh" to get reacquainted with the OS, as the last Mac I owned prior to the MBP was a Performa 630CD running OS 8.1. I realized that in order to get the full benefit of OSX, I had to get a real Mac. I immediately began using the trackpad just like a traditional (i.e., with seperate buttons) and didn't even realize that there were no seperate buttons until five minutes after I got to the desktop for the first time.

To say I've been blown away with the speed and performance of the machine is an understatement. I even picked up Snow Leopard the next day and installed it - again with no problems whatsoever. As much as some people claim that Windows is the "only" OS, I don't see myself using Windows on a regular basis except for a handful of applications that do not have a Mac-compatible version.

The OS is beautiful, the applications responsive and well-designed, and I keep finding new features and tricks that make me say "wow". I'm definitely happy to be back on the Mac side of things again!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I still haven't found the "option"-key, yet that small complaint is small in comparison to the many good things about my Macbook Pro.

It's right in between the Ctrl and Command (i.e. Apple) keys.

Reaction score
Switched to a MacBook Pro 17" from a year old Dell XPS.

All I can say is "WOW!!!". :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I switched 4 weeks back and my speed has SLOWED down because i'm spending half of my time ADMIRING this machine....

Last week i watched a dvd movie for the first time and i could'nt enjoy the movie because most of the time i was stumped by the clarity of the picture - the quality of the sound....

2 days back i was working on my home PC and i wanted to close a window and my hand actually moved the cursor to the LEFT!!! 20 YEARS with a pc ... and i realise that its more natural to close a window on its left ...

My typing has slowed down because i am in love with the apple keyboard... just love the feel of the keys ...

On PC, i had set up a couple of programs to open up when the pc started .. but the order was always different - IT DROVE ME MAD!!! Here i have this absolutely lovely thing called spaces and i know exactly which program has opened up in which part of the spaces... now its driving me LAAZYYY..

And of course, my family life has gone from good to very bad because i'm actually bringing my mac book home every night.....

So a word of caution to those who want to switch - be careful - this thing is supremely addictive...it slows you down and makes u want to live those PC years all over again.. but with a MAC..

Thank you APPLE and god bless all those who dare to dream differently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I have a late 2008 White macbook and love it. I have found over the 5months that have switched that i really WANT to get to know the in's and out's of this machine.
With my PC i was always so happy to get off the thing it wasnt funny. Never once did i really enjoy my PC but this little piece of white plastic makes me want to get inside it have a look around and KNOW it. Hence the purchase of David Pogues : Missing Manual for Snow Leopard.
Am a Very happy switcher.

Reaction score
I am Pre-Switch!

I have had to purchase a Mac for uni. Bought a 24inch iMac this morning.

Been a pc user all my life (but not an apple hater haha)

Hopefully in a couple of months time i will be able to post in this thread again as a converted Apple-head :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.