• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Transfering money into PayPal..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I have a verified PayPal account that has my bank account attached to it.

I will have enough money on Friday to pay for an iBook that I'm buying. The only problem is, it takes 6-8 business days to transfer money from my bank account into PayPal.

Question is, is there any other way I can immediately put the money into my PayPal account without waiting that long, without the use of a credit card?

I was reading something about an "Instant Transfer" on PayPal's website, but it said something about having a "backup" money source in the bank holds it or if there isn't enough cash to go in (I will have enough so that's not the problem).

Any experiences with this?

I DO NOT have a credit card that I'd be able to use to make it happen more quickly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
I DO NOT have a credit card that I'd be able to use to make it happen more quickly.

What about like a bank or debit card? That should work too, and seeing you have a bank account, you should also have a debit card, right? Another thought (although crazy depending on how much needs to be put into paypal) is to withdraw the money from the ATM, head over to your local mall, and buy one of those gift card/debit card things that work anywhere a, ie: visa is accepted (could be other credit cards though)

For example, this is a simon mall card, which is around me, im sure a mall around you should have the same thing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently shopping for my first Mac.
If your PayPal account is verified then you probably added your bank account information to the account. If so, there is no need to transfer money into PayPal. You simply pay for your iBook using PayPal and PayPal will automatically withdraw the money from your checking account. It's as simple as that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
Interesting thread. I sold my PC today and have exactly enough for a powermac I want. But I went downstairs cash in hand and brought up the page. My mom said "We don't have any money, we just went grocery shopping and spent $250."

Tomorrow they have to deposit my money and then order it.... No idea how this relates to the thread other than now I gotta use the slowBook for even longer....

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
If your PayPal account is verified then you probably added your bank account information to the account. If so, there is no need to transfer money into PayPal. You simply pay for your iBook using PayPal and PayPal will automatically withdraw the money from your checking account. It's as simple as that!

Are you serious? Can you explain more on how to do it, or is it fairly simple? I'm still rather new at PayPal, so bare with me.

When I click on "add funds," it gives me two options, one from a bank account in the USA (3-5 day wait), and one from a bank account in Canada (6-8 day wait).

I just tried this myself 10 seconds ago, and clicked "Send Money" at the top, and it brings me to a page asking for the recipient, the amount, currency, etc. Is that what I use and it'll automatically take it from my bank account and put it into the recipients PayPal account?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently shopping for my first Mac.
I just tried this myself 10 seconds ago, and clicked "Send Money" at the top, and it brings me to a page asking for the recipient, the amount, currency, etc. Is that what I use and it'll automatically take it from my bank account and put it into the recipients PayPal account?
Yes, that's correct, once you send money to an email address the amount you sent should be automatically withdrawn from your checking account.

I've never added funds to my PayPal account and I sell and buy stuff on eBay all the time. Been with PayPal for more than two years and I've never had a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
When you "Verify" your PayPal account, PayPal will make 2 deposits in your Bank account... to "verify" you tell PayPal what the deposits were.. usually something like... $0.03... and $0.05...

Right now all you need to do is try to buy something with paypal... click through the process, and you will see a portion called "FUNDING" It will list your "Primary Funding" as your bank account, then maybe a "Back-up Funding" as a credit card if you've used one with PayPal before....

Just try paying for something with paypal... if it lets you... your set... if not, add a bank account or credit card and you'll be set.

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
When you "Verify" your PayPal account, PayPal will make 2 deposits in your Bank account... to "verify" you tell PayPal what the deposits were.. usually something like... $0.03... and $0.05...

Right now all you need to do is try to buy something with paypal... click through the process, and you will see a portion called "FUNDING" It will list your "Primary Funding" as your bank account, then maybe a "Back-up Funding" as a credit card if you've used one with PayPal before....

Just try paying for something with paypal... if it lets you... your set... if not, add a bank account or credit card and you'll be set.

Yeah I remember the two deposit thing. It's just I don't have a credit card or any other source of money to put as that "backup." I've used this paypal account twice on eBay so far, but the money that was "in" the account was sent from some one who bought a video game off me, then I just wired the money that way.

I don't want to take the chance for something that's going to cost me several hundred dollars, and not have it work. I have this schedual following this iBook deal and I don't want it to get buggered up, that's all. lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.