Financial Software for Macs

Reaction score
What the best?

I'm looking for a software that Build your monthly cash flow plan, calculate how quickly you can roll through your debt snowball, determine monthly savings needed for retirement, plan for annual expenses, and balance your checkbook with the Personal Finance Software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15"matt, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB RAM
What do you want it to do?

I use a very very basic app called pigmoney, but I only use it to keep a track of everything that I buy.

Are you also willing to pay for the app, or just a free one?

C

chas_m

Assuming you mean something along the lines of Quicken, well there's ... um ... Quicken. :)

There's also Moneydance (very good, I'm told), LiquidLedger, iBank and a host of others big and small for personal finance, and some small business accounting and payroll packages for companies who need that.

A lot of people just keep using Quicken via Windows using one of the virtualisation programs (Parallels, VMWare, et al) because the program is more updated for Windows than Mac (Intuit being some deeply stupid people).

OP
F
Reaction score
What do you want it to do?

I use a very very basic app called pigmoney, but I only use it to keep a track of everything that I buy.

Are you also willing to pay for the app, or just a free one?

Free would be nice but I'm willing to look at the priced ones.

OP
F
Reaction score
Assuming you mean something along the lines of Quicken, well there's ... um ... Quicken. :)

There's also Moneydance (very good, I'm told), LiquidLedger, iBank and a host of others big and small for personal finance, and some small business accounting and payroll packages for companies who need that.

A lot of people just keep using Quicken via Windows using one of the virtualisation programs (Parallels, VMWare, et al) because the program is more updated for Windows than Mac (Intuit being some deeply stupid people).

I'm looking for a software program that Build your monthly cash flow plan, calculate how quickly you can roll through your debt snowball, determine monthly savings needed for retirement, plan for annual expenses, and balance your checkbook with the Personal Finance Software.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm looking for a software program that Build your monthly cash flow plan, calculate how quickly you can roll through your debt snowball, determine monthly savings needed for retirement, plan for annual expenses, and balance your checkbook with the Personal Finance Software.

Moneydance does all that. Stay away from anything Intuit, whether it be Quicken, Turbo-Tax, or whatever. Chas_m is dead on about their stupidity.

An advantage of using Moneydance is that it's cross platform compatible. Mac, Windows, Linux.

Regards.

Reaction score
You could try YNAB 3 which also works for Macs. It can handle budgeting for annual expenses, reducing debt, planning for retirement and increasing savings. It has excellent reviews. There's a free trial available so you could see if it can help you before you buy.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
a combo of mint.com and clearcheckbook.com works good.

Assuming of course that you trust keeping all your finances on line.... :(

Regards.

Reaction score
Assuming of course that you trust keeping all your finances on line.... :(

Regards.

Most any of your financial info is already "on-line" from the banks, cc companies, investment firms, etc...

the reason i like it online is because i want access from multiple machines and do not have to worry about having a local backup. I once was not making current backups (yes, my own fault) and had a hard drive die. All financial software/info gone.......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.