Damage on a brand new macbook pro

Reaction score
I live in Europe and I bought a macbook pro from apple website (usa) and my friend recieved it in New York a month ago. He did not even unbox it just to leave that pleasure to me. Now he brought it to me but there is something that i did not like on it. It has a little curve at the bottom side, it is like something hit on that little side. Looks like nothing is wrong except for apperance.

I think it is really late to complain or object to apple beacuse of that. But i would like to know if you experienced or heard of it, or is there something to worry about?

thanks a lot for your reply in advance.

Reaction score
I live in Europe and I bought a macbook pro from apple website (usa) and my friend recieved it in New York a month ago. He did not even unbox it just to leave that pleasure to me. Now he brought it to me but there is something that i did not like on it. It has a little curve at the bottom side, it is like something hit on that little side. Looks like nothing is wrong except for apperance.

I think it is really late to complain or object to apple beacuse of that. But i would like to know if you experienced or heard of it, or is there something to worry about?

thanks a lot for your reply in advance.

If you could post a picture it would help us, I did not see anything like this on my new Mac Pro notebook.
I am sorry it is on yours. Glad it does not keep it from working well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
if the pc runs good, then only appearance damage. so what. You could have told your friend to at least unpack the package, inspect for damage.

Reaction score
Wouldn't you just be able to bring it to any Apple story in Europe?

OP
O
Reaction score
If you could post a picture it would help us, I did not see anything like this on my new Mac Pro notebook.
I am sorry it is on yours. Glad it does not keep it from working well.

You are right, here its picture.
Unfortunently there is no official apple store near where i live.
Maybe it is not a big deal but still annoys me a bit.

dsc0752p.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Ouch. If you had received it directly in the post from Apple like that, then I would say definitely return it, as that's not on.

How far away is your nearest Apple store? You could try phoning them and emailing them a picture, and come to some sort of agreement whereby you send it back to them, and they send you a new one.

The trouble is though, is convincing them that it happened in transit before your friend got his mitts on it... Which won't be easy. Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
seems to be very light dent, if apple cannot do anything, most likely they will
not do much to help, you can take the bottom plate and try to straighten a bit by using a piece of flat wood cover by cloth and rub against the plate.

OP
O
Reaction score
Ouch. If you had received it directly in the post from Apple like that, then I would say definitely return it, as that's not on.

How far away is your nearest Apple store? You could try phoning them and emailing them a picture, and come to some sort of agreement whereby you send it back to them, and they send you a new one.

The trouble is though, is convincing them that it happened in transit before your friend got his mitts on it... Which won't be easy. Good luck!

I live in Istanbul and the closest official apple store is a couple of country far away.
I guess the only way is to express myself is calling apple US. I could not find a way to do it by email. I do not think it will work though.

So anyone think this dent may affect the system inside? Is it worth to struggle with trying to replace it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 15" MBP 2.6GHz i7, Late-2011 13" MBP 2.4 GHz i5, Early-2008 Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Xeon
I can deffinetly see how this would annoy you, what I would do is just buy another bottom cover it it is not too expensive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.