Macbook Air- photobooth 2.0.3. Won't OPEN!!

Reaction score
A little over a month ago the Photo Booth application disappeared from my computer COMPLETELY. As in, I can't find it in Spotlight, Apps or Finder.
I don't know what to do. Every time I try to download it or transfer it via memory stick from my other notebook and open it the computer tells me

You can't use this version of the application Photo Booth with this version of Mac OS X. You have Photo Booth 2.0.3.

And yet, I can't find it on my computer.

What gives? How do I fix this? Please and thank you :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Use the Finder and try to navigate to: MacIntosh HD/Applications/Photo Booth.app Is it there? If not, it might have been accidentally deleted.

In order to reinstall it, you may have to first remove the entry from:
MacIntosh HD/Library/Receipts Also use Spotlight to find any other entries concerning Photo Booth such as a PList file. (There may be none)

Since you have a MacBook Air you have no built in DVD drive. Do you have an Air External drive to use?

OP
P
Reaction score
Use the Finder and try to navigate to: MacIntosh HD/Applications/Photo Booth.app Is it there? If not, it might have been accidentally deleted.

In order to reinstall it, you may have to first remove the entry from:
MacIntosh HD/Library/Receipts Also use Spotlight to find any other entries concerning Photo Booth such as a PList file. (There may be none)

Since you have a MacBook Air you have no built in DVD drive. Do you have an Air External drive to use?

Nothing is there. There's absolutely no record of Photo Booth whatsoever. And no I don't have an external drive ;( Should I buy one or should I take my MAC into a store and get them to fix the problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.