Facebook Video Chat Plugin causing problems

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a small problem with my Macbook Air. Couple of days ago I have attempted to install Facebook Video Chat Plugin on my Macbook Air, which I believe causes some minor problems to my Macbook air.

Description of the problem: Every now and then I get this very quick Attention / Error window (only for about half a second or even less) after which it immediately disappears. As a result, I don't even have a chance to read what it says, it happens too quickly for me to even see what is written there. It does not cause me much trouble, however these sort of little things do get on my nerves. Anyway, in order to find out what is the problem I opened my Console app and saw the following message:

com.apple.launchd.peruser.501: (com.facebook.videochat.akarev.updater[6888]) Tried to setup share memory more than once

I don't have much knowledge in this area, but I believe that the cause of my problem originates from the Facebook video chat plugin. I have tried to search for it on my Mac, but could not seem to find it anywhere. I've searched google for the instruction on how to delete Facebook Video Chat Plugin and found a webpage with the detailed explanation, that suggested to go to the Library > Application Support > Facebook and delete a file from that location, however I don't seem to have the folder with a name "Facebook" :(

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much in advance.

Screen Shot 2012-02-12 at 16.33.06.png

OP
A
Reaction score
Here's the problem:

1. They're using Java and Java sucks.
2. Whoever built this (at least the Mac version) should be fired.
3. You're using junkware called CleanMyMac. You should uninstall that (using whatever their uninstall procedure is, don't just drag it to trash!).

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/266371-mackeeper-worth-buying.html

Hi chas_m,

Thank you very much for getting back to me. I really appreciate it, however, I don't quite follow your instructions and I don't see any reasons for removing CleanMyMac, I have an original version (I purchased it) and it seems to work just fine, has been using it for quite a while now, no problems what so ever. Also, I was looking through different forums last night and came across one forum, where a guy advised to use launchctl remove function to get rid of the problem. I've tried to follow the instructions, and it seems to work, well at least I haven't experienced this problem for now. I'll keep you updated if I do.

Alex

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.