Macbook HDMI/DVI to TV Not Working!

Reaction score
Hey so I have a macbook unibody 13" which is connected mini display port to DVI, then DVI to HDMI cable to my philips 42" tv. So this is the weird part...it WORKED yesterday AND today perfectly. Then by mistake I clicked "Detect Displays" in the little icon bar and now it doesn't work at all. I restarted my tv, computer, and unplugged and plugged into different things MANY times but now I'm really stumped. Also I tried both of my HDMI ports on my tv, tries changing the resolution on the macbook...all that stuff. PLEASE HELP!! I'm TOTALLY stumped on what to do. Thanks!

OP
W
Reaction score
Lol good point BUT I have found out the problem apparently my tv is the problem. The cables work perfectly and I tried it at a few of my friends' houses and it worked. For some reason when I connect to my tv, it only works now and then and once I even changed the background while connected and all of a sudden it worked.

why dont apple just get with it and add hdmi output

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.