Online Streaming DJ Apps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Saving for a Mac
i'm looking for a a app i can dj online with. when i used windows, i used sam broadcaster. so i was wondering if there was anything like that i can use to dj using my itunes library?

Edit: i Have Bought Djay in the past

OP
GamerGirlAlice
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Saving for a Mac
so am i correct in assuming no one knows of any apps?

OP
GamerGirlAlice
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Saving for a Mac
if anyone can help will help me figure out if i need to build a pc or if i can buy a pc

C

chas_m

There are so many options for djaying and then posting the output online it's hard to know where to start, but as a suggestion (this is not my area of expertise), you might do a search for "dj" on the Mac App Store and MacUpdate.com and see what comes up.

You seem to be fairly serious about it so I'd point you to algoriddim's website where they've just introduced djay 2 (if you used the old one you might want to take another look) and Native Instruments which will let you get as serious as you want with their stuff (but its not a cheap hobby).

I've played with VirtualDJ Home because it was free (and worth every penny :)), the Genius mix combined with crossfade in iTunes (for those of us who can do pitch and beat matching in our heads ...) and vjay for iPad (which is great fun). You can take the audio output of pretty much ANY audio-based program and put it online live through tools like InstaCast, NiceCast (recommended, works with Shoutcast 2), and there are several other options. Do a Google search.

OP
GamerGirlAlice
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Saving for a Mac
There are so many options for djaying and then posting the output online it's hard to know where to start, but as a suggestion (this is not my area of expertise), you might do a search for "dj" on the Mac App Store and MacUpdate.com and see what comes up.

You seem to be fairly serious about it so I'd point you to algoriddim's website where they've just introduced djay 2 (if you used the old one you might want to take another look) and Native Instruments which will let you get as serious as you want with their stuff (but its not a cheap hobby).

I've played with VirtualDJ Home because it was free (and worth every penny :)), the Genius mix combined with crossfade in iTunes (for those of us who can do pitch and beat matching in our heads ...) and vjay for iPad (which is great fun). You can take the audio output of pretty much ANY audio-based program and put it online live through tools like InstaCast, NiceCast (recommended, works with Shoutcast 2), and there are several other options. Do a Google search.

i own the original djay for mac, which is awesome. doesn't look like djay 2 for mac is available yet, but coming soon i bet. i had heard about nicecast but did not realize it would connect to djay with shoutcast2 connections. i'm pretty sure my online streaming service can be set up for shoutcast.

ty so much for this help chas_m.

C

chas_m

Yeah, given that djay 2 for iOS is out, the Mac version is probably coming along shortly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.