• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Official Camera Setup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
E
Reaction score
Its going to be alot of fun, if you are going to be in the new york area in april or june you should check it out... or if you wan to get a team together in a major city near you let me know, i'll send you the info in a pm.
Whats the prize?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
My new baby. Came home from work today and look what the wife picked me up!!!!!!
DSC02970.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
is that the new rebel? i held it at costco today. not too shabby

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not the newest one its the XT. But it still takes sweet pictures. Makes my 6 megapixel cybershot look like a toy.

Reaction score
I'm actually thinking of buying my wife the XT to replace her old 10D. The XT is lighter and easier to work with. Now that the XTi is out, the price on the XT has really become affordable.

Reaction score
Workmate of mine just bought one and the XT is very impressive for what you pay and for what it does. The smaller size is good for a woman's hands too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love it so far it takes awesome pictures. Does feel a bit small but I plan on getting the battery grip that goes into the bottom and holds 2 batteries. That should make it feel long enough to hang on to a little better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Whats the prize?

grand prize is a panasonic hvx and an editing system (software and hardware) from avid, and distribution of the film on dvd

OP
E
Reaction score
Whats the name of the competition?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PM Sent with all the information about it.

Incase anybody is interested in seeing the footage from the camera I uploaded a couple of test shots.

(outdated link removed)

M

MacHeadCase

Wow! That's good for a test shot, colours are rich and the camera movement isn't shaky at all. Good tune too! Bravo PBG4! :girl:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
PM Sent with all the information about it.

Incase anybody is interested in seeing the footage from the camera I uploaded a couple of test shots.

(outdated link removed)
That is an amazing camera! Low light and no noise! My camera begs for more light all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That is an amazing camera! Low light and no noise! My camera begs for more light all the time.

It was actually on -3db gain (true zero), no gain up, which is how I always shoot if I can (sometimes hard to shoot that way on event shoots, but even at 6db there is no noise.. however.. at 18.. the noise is rather noticeable)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Man, I need to get myself a 35mm adapter for my camera now. It's so hard to get the depth of field similar to that of film cameras.
Keep us posted Powerbook, I would like to see more of your works.

Reaction score
leecho7 -- Are you talking about a dSLR or a movie/motion camera? DOF for a dSLR is identical to a 35mm camera using the same lens. The only difference is that most (not all) dSLR cameras also have a crop factor, so the lens sort of "zooms" more; but if you have a 5' wide DOF with a given 35mm camera using a given lens at a given aperture, then you will have the same 5' DOF when you put that lens on a digital SLR.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
He's talking about a video camera, similar to the one I have on my camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Heh, sorry for not clearing that up. I mean for a Panasonic AG-DVX 100A camcorder. It's a great camera that gives a good film like quality, but not nearly as good as Powerbook's setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.