Just met a reverse switcher

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16Ghz core2duo, 1GB, superdrive
Yesterday at work i sold a guy a basic vista laptop, when i got chatting to him he actually switched to mac at work and home about 6 years ago and his company was forcing him to get a vista laptop for some software reason.

He seemed upset at the fact he was going to have to start using windows, when i told him i had just ordered my macbook he said it was the best decision i could have made.

Anyway i suppose this is the first story of a reverse switcher on these boards.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
technically i was a reverse switcher.

the first computer in my parents home back in the mid 80s was one of the early classic macs. my next computer almost ten years later was a hand me down compu-add 386 or maybe 486, and then a dell xps d300, etc, etc. it took about another ten years to switch back. ;)

Reaction score
technically i was a reverse switcher.

the first computer in my parents home back in the mid 80s was one of the early classic macs. my next computer almost ten years later was a hand me down compu-add 386 or maybe 486, and then a dell xps d300, etc, etc. it took about another ten years to switch back. ;)

Ditto, kind of. I started on the old Apple ][ and //e (where I ran my BBS using a 300bps modem and three 5.25 floppy disk drives!), then had a Mac LC II in college, then switched to PCs (the last 15 years), and now switching back to Mac (at home). But will keep on the company PC laptop for work. I've always been a big fan of Apple, but never thought about switching back until recently when I stopped into an Apple store and was blown away by OS X and the 24" iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Regardless of which direction your work forces you to go, that wouldn't be considered switching. It's what you have at home and what you use most at home that determines what platform you use. So if that person had to go to Windows at work and then decides to change his home computer to PC, then yeah he's definitely a reverse switcher! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.