Burning game downloaded from App store.

Reaction score
hey everyone,

I recently downloaded call of duty4 Modern warefar through the app store and I was wondering if there was any way to burn it onto a disc so that in case i ever format my imac...i won't need to re-download it. The reason is because it takes so long to download and I just thought that by having it burned onto a cd it would make it easier for a re-install.

is this possible?? how would i get a serial key or how do i go about activating it since it's a legit copy bought from the app store once i burn it onto a disc.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
hey everyone,

I recently downloaded call of duty4 Modern warefar through the app store and I was wondering if there was any way to burn it onto a disc so that in case i ever format my imac...i won't need to re-download it. The reason is because it takes so long to download and I just thought that by having it burned onto a cd it would make it easier for a re-install.

is this possible?? how would i get a serial key or how do i go about activating it since it's a legit copy bought from the app store once i burn it onto a disc.

Get an external HD and backup your system using Time Machine, Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper and you will be covered. You really need to have a backup regardless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.