E-Mailing Myself from iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A lot of times I will navigate to a site on my iPhone that I want to view on my MacBook (a lot of times because said site has Flash :Oops:) so I e-mail it to myself. It shows up in my inbox on the iPhone, at gmail on the web, but not in Apple Mail. Why the heck not?? It's not marked as read. It's not in junk mail. It's not in sent items on my computer. The same thing happens if I email myself from Mail, except it appears in Sent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
A lot of times I will navigate to a site on my iPhone that I want to view on my MacBook (a lot of times because said site has Flash :Oops:) so I e-mail it to myself. It shows up in my inbox on the iPhone, at gmail on the web, but not in Apple Mail. Why the heck not?? It's not marked as read. It's not in junk mail. It's not in sent items on my computer. The same thing happens if I email myself from Mail, except it appears in Sent.

You probably have mail set to delete your messages from the server right away when you download, and in the mail app on the phone (which, as far as I can tell uses the same settings as the ones in mail.app on your Mac and it gets synced over) the phone is deleting them from the server after IT gets the message.

I had a similar thing where one of my email accounts was set to delete-off-server, which got synced to my iPhone, which meant I would get mail on my Mac, but not on my iPhone. I have another account which is set to delete them off the server after a set number of days (I think it's one for mine) so I was getting email both on the Mac and iPhone. I set the delete preference the same and started getting messages on the phone as well. Giving it a day gives everything that you have a chance to get the messages before they go away.

Also I've noticed that while mail.app has great spam avoidance algorithms and thus prevents the flood of junk mail, the iPhone does not or possibly it takes awhile for the spam deleting prefs to "learn", but probably not. So I don't see the spam on my Mac, but I do on the phone. Annoying, but what are you gonna do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.