Internet Suddenly Terrible!?

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong section I wasn't sure what kind of issue this is.

About a week or two ago my internet suddenly became absolutely terrible. My speed went from this...

hKEiv.png

to

9oYau.png

Does anyone know if I might have a problem with the Mac? I've ran different virus scans, and it didn't find anything. I understand this might not be any problem with the OS or hardware, but I want to be sure.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Moved to a more appropriate forum.

Were these tests done via a wireless connection? If so, have you tested plugged directly into your router? You can read here Wireless Networking FAQ for more information that may help as you troubleshoot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Personally i would start with your provider and see what they have to say. Cant see those sort of drops in speed connected to the Mac at all.

Cheers

OP
R
Reaction score
Moved to a more appropriate forum.

Were these tests done via a wireless connection? If so, have you tested plugged directly into your router? You can read here Wireless Networking FAQ for more information that may help as you troubleshoot.

Thanks for moving it. These tests were done on a wireless connection. I'll try plugging them straight into the router to see if there's a difference.

Personally i would start with your provider and see what they have to say. Cant see those sort of drops in speed connected to the Mac at all.
Cheers

That's what I figured. I'll see what my service provider has to say.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.