iPhone vs Blackberry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" imac dual core 2.4ghz;13" Macbook Pro 2.26ghz Core 2 Duo Unibody
Hey folks! I've been using a blackberry pearl for 2 years now for work (paying for it myself) and have been reasonably content with writing long emails on the cramped keyboard with my fat thumbs.

I've recently been promoted (whoohoo!) and will be getting a phone from work. the preferred carrier is AT&T, so I have the option of an iPhone.

I have an ipod touch which I love and have used it a little for typing so I understand how the whole thing works. my one question is, am I going to eventually go off my nut trying to type with an iphone or will I eventually get used to typing the canterbury tales on the touchscreen?

ooh, also - when you purchase apps from the online store, can you still pay via your itunes account or do things automatically get routed to At&T? Don't want to get canned for buying Oregon Trail and a $10 rockband game ;)

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
The Keyboard on the iPhone can now be flipped on its side and turned into landscape mode so the keys are spaced farther apart and makes life easier. After the first month with my iPhone I was typing flawlessly with the keyboard. I had never worked with any other Qwerty keyboards before so my opinion might be bias but I think the keyboard is exceptional.

As for the purchases, everything will still be managed through your iTunes account. Your carrier has absolutely nothing to do with buying new App's etc...

Reaction score
i have a touch and BB Curve and love having an actual key to push on the phone. My fingers have never got used to the touch keyboard. All tho IMO the Iphone is better over all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
I had a blackberry curve. I know for a fact that I can type faster on my blackberry curve than my iphone. But I have only had the iphone for about 3 weeks now but I am gradually getting faster. I haven't even started to type landscape by turning the iphone horizontally but I should. I have done it sometimes but I need to do it all the time so I can get really fast at it.

Overall the iphone is really sick! I feel bad for my Macbook pro though because I find that I am on my iphone on the wifi in my house than on my MBP! haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Typing is all about technique. I really increased my speed by not using two thumbs. Holding the phone in my left hand using my left thumb to type and my right thumb resting on the bottom of the phone and using my right index finger for typing. It works well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Personally i have never liked the chicklet keys on the pearl or some of the other bb's. I can type much much faster on the iphone keyboard than on a bb device. That's just me though. I am used to the iPhone keyboard, so naturally i am faster.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I have been with out my MacBook since about June and have been dependent on my iPhone for all my conectivity. With that said I am a member here how spends a good deal here posting and responding to posts as well as join in on the weekly IRC and I do this all from the iPhone so I think I can say that your will never have a bad thing to say about the keypad after your 1st day.

Reaction score
...posting and responding to posts as well as join in on the weekly IRC and I do this all from the iPhone...

I probably would if there was a mobile version of the forum...is there? Oh, and iPhone hands down...come on. :)

Reaction score
Cool, unfortunatly I'm unemployed at present, but I can get by as is. Thanks for the info though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
unemployed with an iphone? that doesn't make sense... I can barely afford my iphone bill with a part time job! hahahaha

I wish I had the premium though because then I would always be on this forum. I might just get it here in a couple days...

Reaction score
Well being unemployed wasn't part of my master plan. I love my iPhone, but if I had known things were going to continue to be as rough...it just wasn't part of the plan...I know what you mean. It is an expensive service...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
Well being unemployed wasn't part of my master plan. I love my iPhone, but if I had known things were going to continue to be as rough...it just wasn't part of the plan...I know what you mean. It is an expensive service...

Yes, sometimes I question my motives for paying $80 a month for it. But than I remember that it's awesome.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" imac dual core 2.4ghz;13" Macbook Pro 2.26ghz Core 2 Duo Unibody
Well kids, thats settled. I have a Blackberry Bold on its way for me....my company won't let me buy an iphone....

oh well....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Well kids, thats settled. I have a Blackberry Bold on its way for me....my company won't let me buy an iphone....

oh well....

I hope your getting the Bold2 and not the old Bold.

Reaction score
congrats on the purchase. I have a bunch of bb, and I love them all. they work great. Now, telus here in canada is finally getting an Iphone, im going to take it for an evening and use it to see how I like it. My wife has the samsung instinct and I LOVE that phone. So, at upgrade time i am looking at the new storm or the iphone. im going to try both and see which one I like. I love my pearl, it looks like a phone, feels like a phone...works like a bb. I did have a small niggle with my previous pearl, but they replaced it for free.

I think the pearl is a love it or hate type of device. I love it while others hate it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.