Issues with HP LaserJet P2015d on Mac OS X 10.5.7

Reaction score
I recently bought an IMAC desktop that is running Mac OS X 10.5.7, when connecting my HP LaserJet P2015d to the Mac it is recognized under the "print and fax" menu and prints however it doesn't print dark black it prints in grey scale. Anyone have a similar set up and same issue with a fix? BTW the toner cartridge is still good prints dark black on my PC.

Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Sounds like a driver issue. Have you checked HP for an updated driver for OSX and your printer?

OP
I
Reaction score
Sounds like a driver issue. Have you checked HP for an updated driver for OSX and your printer?

Yes, Downloaded and installed the latest driver HP offered the "Mac OS X Full Software Solution" and still had the same issue, Apple Phone Support couldn't help either.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, Downloaded and installed the latest driver HP offered the "Mac OS X Full Software Solution" and still had the same issue, Apple Phone Support couldn't help either.

Try downloading and installing the latest Apple HP Printers update = 1.1.1

Download from here

Regards.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That printer is a NIGHTMARE. I fought with one for four hours at work, trying to interface it to a plain jane Windows XP box. It took over 20 minutes just to install the driver, which had all kinds of hooks into the USB bus. I never was able to get it working, so I swapped it with an older model LaserJet 1320, which worked immediately. Not looking forward to trying to connect it to another workstation in the future. Good luck!

OP
I
Reaction score
That printer is a NIGHTMARE. I fought with one for four hours at work, trying to interface it to a plain jane Windows XP box. It took over 20 minutes just to install the driver, which had all kinds of hooks into the USB bus. I never was able to get it working, so I swapped it with an older model LaserJet 1320, which worked immediately. Not looking forward to trying to connect it to another workstation in the future. Good luck!

Ouch thats not what I wanted to hear. Did yours connect at all? Mines printing, just in constant grey scale.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Ouch thats not what I wanted to hear. Did yours connect at all? Mines printing, just in constant grey scale.

Unfortunately, no - and Im not looking forward to my next encounter with it. I'm actually considering sending it back for a different model. Although HP makes good workgroup printerss, I have not been impressed with their smaller models. In my experience, the brains are in the drivers, and those drivers are way over complicated and poorly written.

Reaction score
Did you check the settings on the printer's web interface? There are settings for toner density and draft/quality modes. Either one may produce the lighter prints.

Did you try deleting & re-adding the printer in case there is a corrupt preference?

We have been using this printer for two years with few problems with OSX 10.4 & 10.5. Our first printer jammed all the time, but after HP replaced it we have not had the problem. Once in a while the printer will stop responding and we need to power cycle it in order to print again. We also had the printer reset to Factory Defaults because we accidently pressed both buttons at the same time. Other than that we've been happy with the printer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.