Photoshop Elements

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the proper place in the forums for this subject. I couldn't find one specifically for PSE. If there is one or there is a better place for this post, please let me know.

I am a very new owner of a MacBook Air. Who knew one could fall in love with a laptop? I'm pretty darn sure I have! :D Anyway, I am going to be keeping all of my photos on an EHD instead of importing them into iPhoto. I'm also going to be purchasing Photoshop Elements 12. I'm a digital scrapbooker and have TONS of digital scrapbooking images that I want to tag. Is it possible to keep my pics on my EHD and tag them using PSE 12? If so, are there any cons that you know of to doing things this way? Say, should my computer crash, would my tags in PSE be a part of my backup that would be restored after the crash? Or, anything else that you'd consider a con? Or, is there a specific tagging program out there you'd recommend that would "play well" with photos kept on my EHD?

Thanks in advance for any advice! I'm really looking forward to this new world of the Mac!

~Amy

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm not sure if this is the proper place in the forums for this subject. I couldn't find one specifically for PSE.

PSE is an application (app)...so the thread goes into the "OS X - Apps" area (thread has been relocated). Someone should be along soon to provide an answer to your PSE question.:)

Welcome to Mac-Forums.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.